Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An idea for the bottom lane, to help Supports and Carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-08-2013

Oh come on, you think I'd actually let you hit me? That's a laugh.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-08-2013

He didn't say Caitlyn versus Darius+Kayle.

He said Caitlyn/Nunu with 30 minutes of unshared farm on Caitlyn versus Caitlyn+Darius or Caitlyn+Kayle where Caitlyn is sharing farm.

Nunu's Bloodboil adds a lot of damage on the Caitlyn that already hits twice as hard, and his snowball helps keep the gap... Nunu+Caitlyn on unshared farm versus Caitlyn+Darius shared farm would be silly.

adc

01-08-2013

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
He didn't say Caitlyn versus Darius+Kayle.

He said Caitlyn/Nunu with 30 minutes of unshared farm on Caitlyn versus Caitlyn+Darius or Caitlyn+Kayle where Caitlyn is sharing farm.

No, I meant Caitlyn/Nunu versus Darius/Kayle sharing farm. Caitlyn/Nunu is easily going to outkite the two of them. Traps to stop the speed boost, dodge Darius pull with Cait E, hit them repeatedly because **** you bloodboil and we win.

Shadowed Ruby

01-08-2013

You seem to be forgetting about the Nunu in your story, Treza.

I wouldn't forget about a Nunu... Thats a dangerous thing to forget about.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-08-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
No, I meant Caitlyn/Nunu versus Darius/Kayle sharing farm. Caitlyn/Nunu is easily going to outkite the two of them. Traps to stop the speed boost, dodge Darius pull with Cait E, hit them repeatedly because **** you bloodboil and we win.

Oh.

Well either way... I mean, even if Nunu doesn't Bloodboil... if Nunu just stands there and snowballs to make them redonkulously easy to kite, it's gg.

In fact, even without Nunu, actually.... even if it's not Caitlyn. Almost any champion with thirty minutes of solofarm will easily destroy any champions that split farm evenly. Add a support who brings a lot to the table, and it's an easy stomp.

If it were better to split farm, then how come literally no pro teams do it? How come you never see it at higher Elos?

Mothalius

01-08-2013

I play Sona and GP5 runes, masteries, items and the "Pickpocket" mastery, plus assists give me plenty of gold to do my job of keeping the ADC alive by providing proper wards (even pink ones when eve is trolling around my lane.) and getting enough AP/CDR to consistently heal. Take advantage of the pickpocket mastery on a ranged support. It's incredibly advantageous.

adc

01-08-2013

Quote:
Treza:
30 minutes into the game id probably be hitting about 500-600 with my q, and autoattacking for about 300 or so with shared farm with a 3 second immunity to damage from my ult

during that 3 seconds of immunity i would do about 4 or 5 autoattacks doing about 1k or so after factoring in resistances. im not sure about the damage on darius but lets say 500 from his spin and a couple hits for 150 average some bleed and a 600 damage ult

thats a dead caitlyn before she even has the chance to actually do damage. please dont tell me youre actually thinking that a squishy adc would do well in a duo fight against a darius and a kayle.. thats just foolish

maybe you just havent played against a good kayle lately, or even seen darius at all... but hybrid kayle is pretty much unstoppable in small skirmishes because she mitigates such a high percentage of damage output. in a 2v2 fight with 1 carry she will effectively stop 100% of the damage for the duration of her ult.. its in team fights where her team becomes more vulnerable because all the damage usually isnt coming down on 1 person.. or it does and we all know how those team fights end when a kayle is involved

it would come down to who got the jump on who.. darius and kayle combination would straight up murder caitlyn in an actual engage but you (i hope) and i know that it isnt an adcs job to engage in 2v2 fights

So I accidentally upvoted your post. Pretend I didn't.

Would you like to 2v2, we farm for 30 minutes, and then fight?

zraven7

01-08-2013

A lot of the ADC's I support with, we just stagger our backing for shop. When the ADC backs, you take the farm he couldn't possibly get. It is a lot less than every third wave, but it helps a lot, too.

Really, though, a good ADC/Support combo usually knows where the builds stand. Most of the gold goes straight to the AD, but AD's like having a good support, and most will toss their Support a wave or two if they can afford it. Yes, that is a big if, but if the lane is going well, it happens.

I really think good communication and understanding between the Support and the ADC trumps any sort of planned loot-splitting system like this. It's an interesting thought exercise, and could possibly work from time-to-time, but would likely be a hindrance more than a help.

Boagster

01-08-2013

In the current state of Pre-Season 3, when I support, I rarely if ever think to myself, "Damn, I don't have enough gold." GP/10 items are so strong on a support, especially with the addition of the Sightstones. I can double my GP/10 through quints, masteries and items (16 base GP/10; 4 (Greed mastery) + 3 (quints) + 5 (Philo Stone) + 4 (Lucky Pick) = 16), which makes it terribly easy for me to keep my build relevant while still lighting up the map anywhere I please.

Also, as support, if you gain the confidence of your ADC, they will almost never get upset if you steal a little CS, especially when they are away from lane. Just make sure it's a little.

420 LOL 69

01-09-2013

If you have a philo's stone on Sona, you have enough mana to get you through the lane phase (you can buy chalice after that if you need it). If you don't you're doing it wrong.

Also, Sona doesn't need AP. Her heal isn't there to save a life...it's there for extra sustain. Her primary role is to have an excellent poke in lane with her q + auto attacks, to have super auras for her team, and to aoe stun as many people as possible in teamfights. Her heal, even in teamfights, is not nearly as important as her attack buff and her speed buff, and it's nowhere near as important as her ult.

Would AP be NICE to have on Sona? Sure. If for some reason yo uget fed in the lane, feel free to build an AP item (WOTA probably the best AP item Sona can build because it's also a support item kinda). But the thing is, if you take a wave every 1.5 minutes, that could mean that the AD carry gets his BF sword like 3-4 minutes after their AD carry does. And believe me, no amount of AP you have as Sona early will make up for that.