Release Notes v1.0.0.103

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kokoretsi

10-21-2010

i believe that Garen's Judgment should damage invisible minions or heros

Pickwick2

10-21-2010

Quoth dredzach, in re Teemo: "Bottom line, this change has completely screwed him over level 1-10. His laning is worse, his farming is worse, his ability to escape ganks is worse, and his ability to win a fight is worse. There was only one buff in this patch and that was the ability to store 3 shrooms. IT'S NOT WORTH THE NERFS THOUGH."

I absolutely agree. I'd heard rumours of an impending Teemo buff or rework and dared to hope..., but this is neither, really. The only significant change is to his mushrooms, and as a lot of people have argued, the change makes them worse overall. It seems like Riot staff must have been thinking about "mushroom-bombing," where you drop shrooms at the very feet of your foe and hope they don't get farmed in the second or so it takes for them to plant. There isn't much else that a wily Teemo couldn't have done better with the old system. But Teemo is never going to be in the middle of combat (for more than the second it takes to kill him, anyway) and the damage doesn't stack. If that was the idea, it was not well implemented.

As for the rest of his "rework," well, I don't see how it can be classified as anything but a nearly-pure nerf.

His Q can be cast more often, but now its effect is barely noticeable. It still doesn't scale well with AP, so it can't be considered a nuke. Blind + Exhaust + Blind used to allow me to kill most other carries 1 v 1, but there's no chance of that happening anymore.

His W is still much less useful than most other skills in the game, despite the slight cooldown reduction buff.

His E is now terrible, nearly worthless, and it's not as though it was powerful before. Poison-pinging was the ONLY damage Teemo had before his mushrooms came up, since there's no part of the game where he can spend much time autoattacking. Most halfway-tankish characters could absorb his poison without noticing, and healers also completely nullified it. And now it does even *less*. Singed has poison that deals over 100 per second; Teemo's deals much, much less than that and scales horribly. Why?

His passive.... I suspect the change was meant to be a buff, but it isn't. Being able to stealth while teleporting allowed Teemo to be a decent pusher in the mid-game, since he could level a creep wave, bring a tower down, and quickly find an out-of-the-way spot to teleport from. Usually enemy champions will get there before you finish teleporting, so the invisibility was the only thing that made that tactic viable. I'd gladly take an extra second of wait time before stealthing in exchange for being able to teleport while stealthed. This was one of the only useful things Teemo could do. Besides, once they get Oracle's potions, his passive becomes a small, short-lived attack-speed boost and nothing more. For a character who can't afford to stay in place autoattacking, this isn't very helpful. To put his passive's general uselessness further into perspective, Ezreal gets up to +75% attack speed from his passive, and can keep it at the max as long as there are enemies or allies in the area; Teemo gets +40% for 3 seconds, and has to sit still for 2 seconds each time he wants to renew it.

As for the mushrooms, everything I want to say about them, after having given the New and Improved Teemo a few tries, has been said on the 100+ pages of this thread. Just briefly, though: The increased cooldown, especially for lower levels means fewer mushrooms, and combined with less damage from each at low levels that makes Teemo less able to farm, less able to avoid ganks, and less able to get surprise kills to finance the items he so desperately needs to become relevant. The 50 extra damage at level 3 is worth almost nothing, as an Oracle's Elixir or a Banshee's Veil will reduce the *total* damage from most of your mushrooms to 0, and the reduced damage for levels 1 and 2 will put you behind in terms of gold and equipment. Maybe mushrooms could explode for half the normal damage when destroyed rather than tripped; there must be a way to make them useful.

Teemo, the little badger who will always be my true main, is one of the weakest champions, and has just been made worse.

Rioterz, I really, really hope this is just a transitional phase, and that you're still working on Teemo. In any case, thanks for your continued efforts to keep the game balanced and fun, and by and large I think you do an amazing job at it.

Good Morrow!
--Pickwick The Second--

Owning everythin

10-21-2010

Wait, is it a joke ? Re balance characters, ok, it's pretty well done, but nerf Morgana, what the hell is going on ? She is so squishy already, she can only win a 1 vs 1 if she's a little bit more fed than the others, and she stands no chanceeee at all versus a Damage character, she can only fight casters. And you decide to ! reduce her ratio on the shield, that makes her good versus the only thing she can fight => caster ! is it a jokeeeeeeeee ! ? I was hoping she was gonna get UP at the update, because morgana is not really played, and hard to play, and squishy, but you nerf morgana. I'm so dissapointed in you RioT Game, I hope you will fix that mistake.
Other than that, good update, thank you for the work.

Azeeta

10-21-2010

eve was a good champ before this release, noobs just dont know how use it.
with this patch its jus tmore poWER.

pD: ovER 2000 match wtih eve

Sinornim

10-21-2010

I'm liking the Gragas Buffs; Barrel Roll seems viable now.

Anartia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

So after playing Morgana this week and in addition seeing Lux and how she works I definitely don't understand why the nerf was implemented. Lux has a bind that hits two targets, though I know one is 50% and okay the duration is a little less than Morgana's dark binding, but now it almost feels like the enemy hero has to be standing completely still and right in front of Morgana to even be hit by it. It looks like it hits them and it doesn't bind them half the time. She's so hard to play and harder to master and squishy as hell on top of it and can rarely ever 1v1 anyone and then you reduce her AP on practically everything. Make her ult a smaller range, the bindings hit box smaller, which almost seems ridiculously small/narrow. This is just crappy and really disappointing.

KvenKahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

I salut my fallen captain teemo!

WhiteSunX

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokusiayam View Post
Sweet, no bugfix on Heimers turrets not firing. It's bad enough they're cardboard and he only has two, now they're an easy way to waste 120 mana! At least Swain got his massive OP buff that should've been there when he was released so everyone will buy him.
This EXACTLY heimer was bad at first, now his turrets dont shoot at ****.

SwayableLuck

10-21-2010

Overall, love the patch! I think there was a pretty good job done balancing characters. My only problem is... RIP lifesteal Malady. =(

Millionaires

10-21-2010

No life steal on Malady; there goes half my set ups, now i have to get Starks Favor >

Buttttt! don't touch twitch again, to buff twitch you should remove oracles and wards, seems like a great idea lol

Anyway, Seems nice to see swain getting buffed, he still sucks to by the way..

Shaco.. just remove him? your nerfing him into the ground.

Teemo.. Stupid yordle now is worse.