Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vukasa

06-26-2010

Quote:
A Guy Called AJ:
No. You won't. Baleful's passive now gives Veigar AP on a champion kill from any source of damage. Dark Matter now falls .5 seconds faster at the cost of its AP ratio. Veigar is now more useful in team fights, and gains AP from champions more easily. The "nerf patch" just means that more Veigar's will have to build DG before Zhonya.

Balesful's passive now has to be leveled to get the full effect (+1,2,3,4,5 ap). Basically the way I generally only took 2 levels of Baleful means that youll only get +2 bonus ap for killing a champ instead of the maxed 5. Furthermore Dark Matter will not longer net you the ranged minions at level 3 and without an ap item still wont 1 shot them at level 4 making it less attractive to take over baleful early on. It used to put out near ult dmg if you maxed it early and now it just feels like a harder to use annie cone. If you go baleful early then your gonna have to opt for some hp which totally screws up the tactical long range burst version I've always loved.

jmerlee

07-17-2010

You can probably take out Chalice Of Harmony becuase of veigar's new passive, its basically like Chalice.

mindspin

10-19-2010

I think that going either DM or BS first is viable. For a long time I played solely DM, but I've been trying out BS a little and it is equally as good, albeit a different play style.

DM is fantastic in many games because the range is so much farther than BS. You don't have to run in and endanger yourself in order to get one creep; you can stand back and drop meteors and get three or more at a time. DM is definitely the safer way to play based on range and use of positioning, especially when laning against scary nukers like Annie or Anivia. You can also just stroll through the forest and kill wraiths, wolves, and sometimes even golems later on with just one DM. Time is an important resource in LoL that is often overlooked. The great downside to DM builds is the ridiculous mana cost required to spam it. Golem is great to have, but mana regen in the form of runes or equipment are a must for this build for in-between golem spawns (also factor in whether the buff is better suited for a teammate)

Yet, BS is great as well when played right. 40-80ish AP (depending on the length of the game and how diligent you are at spamming BS) from constant skill use is nothing to scoff at. At the same time though, it requires more patience in farming and team fights. If laning against someone who has powerful nukes and/or stuns, you potentially endanger yourself to getting killed when you go to last hit creeps. In early team fights you must also pick and choose your opportunities for engagement, as you won't have the range that DM provides and you'll be using primarily BS+PB.

Perhaps it's wisest to choose either path depending on what circumstances you face. GL Veigar players

Mili The Dark

10-19-2010

Quote:
mindspin:
I think that going either DM or BS first is viable. For a long time I played solely DM, but I've been trying out BS a little and it is equally as good, albeit a different play style.

DM is fantastic in many games because the range is so much farther than BS. You don't have to run in and endanger yourself in order to get one creep; you can stand back and drop meteors and get three or more at a time. DM is definitely the safer way to play based on range and use of positioning, especially when laning against scary nukers like Annie or Anivia. You can also just stroll through the forest and kill wraiths, wolves, and sometimes even golems later on with just one DM. Time is an important resource in LoL that is often overlooked. The great downside to DM builds is the ridiculous mana cost required to spam it. Golem is great to have, but mana regen in the form of runes or equipment are a must for this build for in-between golem spawns (also factor in whether the buff is better suited for a teammate)

Yet, BS is great as well when played right. 40-80ish AP (depending on the length of the game and how diligent you are at spamming BS) from constant skill use is nothing to scoff at. At the same time though, it requires more patience in farming and team fights. If laning against someone who has powerful nukes and/or stuns, you potentially endanger yourself to getting killed when you go to last hit creeps. In early team fights you must also pick and choose your opportunities for engagement, as you won't have the range that DM provides and you'll be using primarily BS+PB.

Perhaps it's wisest to choose either path depending on what circumstances you face. GL Veigar players

Esseentially your saying if your skilled enough you should use BS first? I have to agree that dm is more apealing since there are so many aggressive laners now a days, Annie and Annie not being one of them IMO, but if that's the case you shouldn't be in the solo lane, additionally last hitting creeps with a partner is much easier/safer in that case since you don't want to push the lane with dm anyway.

mindspin

10-20-2010

I've been playing BS more and more, and I think it's way more viable than going DM, in terms of pure character progression. I usually try to get the solo lane unless we have a 'true' ranged carry like Kog or Ashe, and it's much easier to deal with one person's assaults while last hitting than two. I usually reserve DM for when myself or someone on my team is getting chased, or in the stun+DM combo. BS really is IMO Veigar's best skill and the difference is huge 15 mins in.

Often times I feel like playing Veigar in a duo lane is harder than solo, especially if the combo you're laning against is really tough. You have to compete for creeps, and you have to play extra cautiously.

NightRaiderX

06-27-2011

this is actually a great guide have to say , i will be using it as reference in the future thx any ways !!!!!!!!!!!

Vukasa

06-27-2011

Quote:
proboyx5:
this is actually a great guide have to say , i will be using it as reference in the future thx any ways !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, but this guide is heavily outdated. I hope to have it fixed within the week.