Game is jumpy and laggy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tinithor

11-28-2009

I never used to have this problem, and i don't believe i CHANGED anything with the game, but every game now its always jumpy and laggy to the point that its unplayable for me. My character warps around the screen, and this doesnt happen to anyone else, anyone know what might be the problem?

hohums

Software Engineer

11-28-2009
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinithor View Post
I never used to have this problem, and i don't believe i CHANGED anything with the game, but every game now its always jumpy and laggy to the point that its unplayable for me. My character warps around the screen, and this doesnt happen to anyone else, anyone know what might be the problem?
If its not happening to anyone else its likely that its a bandwidth problem. Something is restricting the bandwidth. It could be anywhere along the internet pipe. Make sure that nothing else is downloading on your internet line. You may also want to test your bandwidth to make sure your ISP isn't shaping your traffic using something like: http://www.speedtest.net/

Also 3v3 games use less bandwidth. So you may try those out to see if the problem stops.

Tinithor

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
If its not happening to anyone else its likely that its a bandwidth problem. Something is restricting the bandwidth. It could be anywhere along the internet pipe. Make sure that nothing else is downloading on your internet line. You may also want to test your bandwidth to make sure your ISP isn't shaping your traffic using something like: http://www.speedtest.net/

Also 3v3 games use less bandwidth. So you may try those out to see if the problem stops.
well i can play other games just fine and i feel no different speed on my internet than before this problem occured.

Edit: Just checked, it even does this if i'm in a practice bot game by myself. I'd really like to play the game but i cant

Chairs

11-29-2009

Same problem, played some good games ~2 hours ago, now it's just ****. My network being in the exact same situation.

It's kind of hard to play this game if you don't know where your character is.

EDIT: During the loading screen, the estimated loading time for me is constantly jumping between values, I.e: 50, 49, 48, 50, 48, 49, 47.

Alqueraf

11-29-2009

I have the same problem

Tinithor

11-29-2009

I have the same situation as chairs for the loading screen as well. The numbers bounce up and down (eventually going down to 0) but the bars never actually fill O.o, they go down instead of up.

ThaSnowMannn

11-30-2009

same with me...i will be fighting...then i will pause...and everyone will be frozen like me...but i come back and im dead...i also get disconnected alot...but my friend who lives a few houses down with tha same internet source runs this game just fine...so IDK what to do...please help me!!!

Tinithor

11-30-2009

King david's problem sounds a little different than mine, but i still need help :\

Tinithor

12-01-2009

Bump :\ i'd like to be able to play the game again.

reapermaster

12-01-2009

I would like to know when users started seeing this change in performance? was it before or after November 25th