Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help w/ Jungle Warwick S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaProject

01-06-2013

How do I build Jungle Warwick in S3?
My guess is Merc Treads OR Ninja Tabi OR Boots of Mobility - > Wriggle OR Spirit of the Ancient Golem - > Wit's End - > Spirit Visage - > Frozen Heart - > Ruined King OR Frozen Mallet?
Help me, please. Thanks in advance.

deirin

01-06-2013

ww is like a tryn in s3 hes just outdated...

armor = more xpensive
dmg = cheaper (means dmg armor (like on riven...or w/e)= cheaper)
hes all about targeting 1 person....meaning his end game sux

just think about it...

OmegaProject

01-06-2013

Quote:
deirin:

armor = more xpensive

just think about it...

Wow... I was just asking for help. Not your opinion. :/

deathmetalfan

01-07-2013

I would disagree with the assessment that Warwick is an outdated jungler. If anything, season 3 has made single target junglers more viable. Now moving on to actually answering OmegaProject's question.

I still like to play Warwick as a carry jungler; so I would definitely recommend building Wriggle's Lantern. Why not the Spirit items? Well, for one, they are too expensive in my opinion. The spirit items cost approx. 2800-2900 gold. On the other hand, Wriggle's Lantern only costs 1600 gold. This still leaves you with 200-300 gold to spare even if you spend 1000 gold on a Giant's Belt. Moreover, the Golem and Lizard spirit stones basically offer either offensive or defensive stats i.e. either attack damage or health/armor. As Warwick, you need both. In addition, Wriggle's + Giant's Belt allows for more flexibility in your build. You can turn the Giant's Belt into Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape or Randuin's Omen depending on the game situation. Spirit items do not allow for this. Never forget that Wriggle's Lantern also gives you free wards making it even more cost-effective.

Wit's End is the core item on Warwick without question. It just synergizes so nicely with his kit and should be your first item purchase after Wriggle's and level 1 boots. Always buy boots as per the situation. See who is fed on the opposing team. Are you likely to get nuked by a lot of spells? Does the opposing team have very strong CC? In this case Mercury's Treads are the best. If the enemy team is AD heavy, go for Ninja Tabi. I would definitely not recommend Boots of Mobility on Warwick. Sure, you will be roaming around but your Blood Scent already offers a free movement speed buff against low health enemies. And besides, your job is to be as durable as possible in teamfights. Build towards this goal.

Frozen Heart is one of those items that is good on practically any bruiser/tank. It's certainly a great item on Warwick. The 20% CDR is really nice and ensures that you have your ult up every minute. The mana bonus is nice too although not really needed. Randuin's Omen may be better in some situations (for eg. if your team lacks AoE slows). Still, can't fault anyone for going with this. A very solid purchase indeed. Spirit Visage on Warwick is borderline OP since the season 3 rework. This item also offers a very hefty +50 MR (the highest from a single item currently). It's also relatively cheap at 2200 gold. Always get this item.

Finally, I would recommend against buying Blade of the Ruined King. This item is, in my opinion, a weak choice. It's incredibly expensive for the stats it offers. 2900 gold for +40 AD and 10% lifesteal? Really? Even the passive isn't that great. It may be reminiscent of Madred's Bloodrazor but there is a very key difference. Madred's passive dealt 4% of target's maximum health in damage, gaining it a reputation as a tank shredder. It made sense when the enemy team was extremely beefy. Blade's passive on the other hand deals 4% of target's current health in damage, which means that it offers diminishing returns against low health enemies. Moreover, as Warwick you will already have a ton of lifesteal. The bonus healing from the passive will make very little difference. The slow on the active function is rather nice but buying it only for this is hardly rational. A Frozen Mallet would be a lot more effective. I personally do not see this item as offering great synergy.

Wow, that was a long post. Anyway, I hope this gives you some ideas for your WW build. Good luck and happy jungling!

deirin

01-07-2013

regardless of what you build, he will jungle slower than some other jungler...thus have no start game and end game well...not so great cause of spell...

he is outdated dude...well i really think he is at least...

but w/e...

ZeldaKick

Recruiter

01-07-2013

I do this:

Runes: Marks - AS
Seals - AS
Glyphs - Scaling AP
Quint - MS

Sum Spells: Heal + Smite

Items: Hunter's Machete + x3 Pot > Wriggle's Lantern > Phantom Dancer > Boots of Swiftness > Thornmail > Hextech Gunblade > Boots of Mobility

Jungle: Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Golems/Red (Depends on how I feel.)

I try not to leave until lvl 6. If I have to, then I eat the lane I'm helping and don't feel guilty for it.

The first 6 skills lvled are: W > Q > E > Q > Q > R
Then afterwards I max out Q, then W, Then R, then E.

This works for me, but I'm still learning everything about him. Oh, and I have to put in that I play very defensively. I go in to intimidate, take them out when needed, and run to (sometimes all away across the map) a lot. I used to be an Ashe player, so I have patience and will wait for them to think that they can take me on, hence the attack speed increased like a mofo.

This also prevents me from having to buy a lot of armor, because of his passive and Q. The most trouble I have is 3 v 1. But then I have my speed for getting out if need be.

And I can take out a turrent by myself in under 45 secs, with no minions.

buukstabu

01-07-2013

Try starting Doran's Blade. Go for an early dragon. I main Warwick on my ranked team and it definitely works.

HoperDoper

08-27-2013

Quote:
deirin:

armor = more xpensive

just think about it...

You must suck at this game. WW is my main in draft pick and this is my build for him. It is 4 items that will make every one fear you.

Hunters dagger -> 5 h pots -> basic boots -> wits end/spirit visage (build them together) -> ninja tabai/merctreads/Ionian boots of lucidity(yep that's right) -> frozen mallet

After you get all that build situational lots of armor? Last whisperer (last whisperer is better than black cleaver IMO on WW but whatever floats your boat)

Look at my match history you will find these items and that I rocked it.

PS: I would not get the spirit items on ww because he dosent need any help in the clear department

PPS: Warwick is an amazing single target jungler he will destroy the adc and then run off or kill his next target