Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco or Warwick for season 3 jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBreh

01-06-2013

Is Shaco or Warwick a better season 3 jungler? I have IP to buy only one, so i have come to you guys for advice. So, which one is better for season 3, and also, i've heard that either of them can be play as either AP or AD, again, which one is best and what is a good build for that? Some tips would also be helpful. Remember, this is for jungling.

Thanks!

Boot

01-06-2013

Shaco has a bit more of a skill cap, but is imo better. Warwick lost his touches with S3 jungle. Yeah he has one of the best sustains in jungle atm, but his ganks are mediocre and you can hardly catch someone anymore. And his lategame is meh due to the lifesteal nerfs.

Onimus Terlain

01-06-2013

Warwick just is not a viable jungler.

At all.

He's a guy you take into the jungle when you don't know how to jungle.

He hasn't been a viable jungler since season 1.

Nowadays, he's a top laner.

If you want a season 3 jungle, play Shaco if you must, but I gotta say, I hate everyone who is willing to play Shaco.

People who play shaco in the jungle intentionally sacrifice late game power just to be a dick to people in the early game. You need to be a pretty awful person to play Shaco jungle.

As for junglers, neither should be build AP. They are both AD junglers and Warwick is most likely better played as a tanky dps jungler.

Shaco is a jungler that is constantly invading. His best matchups are champions that operate at low hp in their first two jungle runs and champions that can't duel well. Champs that come to mind are Amumu, Mundo, Jarvan, Nautilus and Shyvana.

If you don't want to hunt the enemy jungler, don't play Shaco. Because that's one of his biggest strengths.

As for Warwick, if you must play him in the jungle, just farm till level 6. And get there as fast as possible. Because your ganking is probably the worst in the entire game pre 6. And after level 6, you use ult. That's all he does. He's the literal definition of a 1 trick pony.

Oh, and when ganking with Warwick, make sure your E is turned off until you walk in. The worst thing that can happen is if they are below half health and you walk up and broadcast your presence.

MrBreh

01-06-2013

ya, i mean, Warwicks only real CC is his ult which means he cant really pull off successful ganks until lvl 6 where even then, imo, his ult doesnt do much damage at all, so thanks for the advice

MrBreh

01-06-2013

Quote:
Onimus Terlain:

At all.

If you want a season 3 jungle, play Shaco if you must, but I gotta say, I hate everyone who is willing to play Shaco.

People who play shaco in the jungle intentionally sacrifice late game power just to be a dick to people in the early game. You need to be a pretty awful person to play Shaco jungle.

As for junglers, neither should be build AP. They are both AD junglers and Warwick is most likely better played as a tanky dps jungler.

Shaco is a jungler that is constantly invading. His best matchups are champions that operate at low hp in their first two jungle runs and champions that can't duel well. Champs that come to mind are Amumu, Mundo, Jarvan, Nautilus and Shyvana.

If you don't want to hunt the enemy jungler, don't play Shaco. Because that's one of his biggest strengths.

As for Warwick, if you must play him in the jungle, just farm till level 6. And get there as fast as possible. Because your ganking is probably the worst in the entire game pre 6. And after level 6, you use ult. That's all he does. He's the literal definition of a 1 trick pony.

Oh, and when ganking with Warwick, make sure your E is turned off until you walk in. The worst thing that can happen is if they are below half health and you walk up and broadcast your presence.

So, just out of curiosity, who would you recommend as a good/the best jungler (for season 3) and if you can, some tips/builds for them would be extremely helpful

asamu

01-06-2013

Quote:
Onimus Terlain:

At all.

This. Shaco is a better jungler because he clears faster and has amazing ganks early on, but he falls off hard late game, so you have to force the win/surrender early.

Warwick is the opposite. His early game ganks are some of the weakest in the game and he jungles painfully slow. It's not even worth it to gank until level 6, and the other team's jungler will likely have done a few ganks, successful or not, and still hit 6 before you. On the upside, Warwick has a great mid and late game.

Warwick is better as a top lane counter to Cho'Gath and Yorick.

Lee sin and Amumu are by far the best S3 junglers, though they get banned quite a bit. Lee sin has great ganks and is useful in teamfights, while Amumu has sub par ganks, but an amazing teamfight capability because of his ult.

Onimus Terlain

01-07-2013

Quote:
TheNightHawk3:
So, just out of curiosity, who would you recommend as a good/the best jungler (for season 3) and if you can, some tips/builds for them would be extremely helpful

I love jungling, and my favorite junglers are Hecarim and Kha'zix.

Now, before I explain, these are not the strongest junglers of Season 3. They are viable, fun and strong but they aren’t considered the absolute best possible picks for the jungle.

They both have very fast clear times, very strong ganks and very good dueling in the jungle. They are both kind of weak in terms of early sustain. They both have heals in the jungle and keep themselves sustained, but they will still operate around 25-50% hp during their first clear. You can use hp pots to get back to 75% before ganking though. They both can counter jungle pretty well and they both can deal a lot of damage in a hurry.

But their late game is still strong and can deal a lot of damage. Hecarim can be built as a tanky DPS, whereas Kha’zix should be built as an assassin. One of the best things to do with either of these two, because of their strength as gankers, is to get a strong leash at blue. Save your smite and then use it on your red. That way you can be level 3 with blue and red buff before bot lane and possible the solo lanes reach level 2. Then a quick gank. It is really strong and it can get your team first blood at the 3 minute mark.

Now, there are stronger junglers like Amumu, Mundo and Lee Sin. Amumu isn’t as strong early game and can be shut down early on if not played properly. But his ult is a team fight winner. His level 6 gank, with his ult, are basically inescapable. But I don’t like playing Amumu so much because he is so dependant on his ult to matter.
Mundo is a pretty high skill cap jungler because he is going to be running around at practically 10% health in his first and second run through the jungle. Shaco and other counter junglers can rip him apart. But late game he’s basically an unkillable wall of damage.
Lee Sin has, essentially, everything you need as a jungler. He has strong sustain, strong AoE, strong CC, a gap closer with an execution ability, extreme mobility and scary early game damage.
He does scale off late game, but not as harshly as a lot of champs like Pantheon. He is still relevant in team fights, just not dominant, like Amumu.

Another strong jungler is Nocturne. High damage, hard CC, gap closers and decent sustain and AoE damage. He is slightly squishier than most junglers, but he’s still much stronger than Warwick and Shaco through most phases of the game. If I were you, I’d give one of the above a shot.

jsnaggler

01-07-2013

veigar is teh best jungler in teh whole world, i was jungling at wolvess and dying than all of a sudden a lee sin came along but i killed him and got first blood so veigar is the best

Dthehunter

01-07-2013

Xin Zhao is really powerful in jungle atm. His ganks are effective at lvl 2 with his E/Q combo and, he's strong throughout the game.

Drinniol

01-07-2013

I've written about Shaco and Warwick a lot, actually. They have some problems.

Warwick:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2972211

Shaco:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2915369

I might also mention that Liandry's doesn't work with boxes and that Shaco's clone does not and never has benefitted from runes and masteries.