Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morgana: CDR - Nashor's Tooth or Frozen Heart?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Witch Bernkastel

10-19-2010

I've been finding myself building DFG an awful lot for Morgana lately as it gives her CDR (which is in My opinion the most important factor about her - gotta get that Q down! More Snares = More Assists!), a nice little boost in AP, and a really nifty passive to use on enemy tanks, which otherwise are the one champion type that I find gives her a real hassle.

Of course, if you favor a more defensive style, as I *usually* do when not going balls-out AP, grab Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart for the added survivability.

Nashor's Tooth is just paying extra money for Attack Speed you'll probably never end up using anyways. She has *far* better tools at her disposal for farming, damage, And harassment, and as has been previously stated, her natural attack speed and damage is straight-up lousy.

Ulfhednar

10-19-2010

since most morgana builds have an archangel staff, a frozen heart will increase your AP as well

LiquidEagle

10-19-2010

soul shroud 15% cdr
mejais soulstealer 15%cdr
blue buff 20% cdr
blue pot 10% cdr

MBirk

10-19-2010

Quote:
LiquidEagle:
soul shroud 15% cdr
mejais soulstealer 15%cdr
blue buff 20% cdr
blue pot 10% cdr

Mejais is terrible for the 15%.
The game is over long before you hit 20 stacks. Its seriously just a formality at that point if you have 20stacks. clearly your team is dominating, its just question of the other team surrendering, or your team getting in gear and ending it.

Relying on golem is also not ideal. As you may have others that came make good/better use of it. Or the other team might be aggressive in grabbing them both. If you are depending on it, then the other team can really ruin your day with smart playing cant they? Using your reliance on it, to set up ganks by warding your golem.

blue runes+9/0/12 is 15% as op stated.
Blue buff shouldn't be relied on. But blue elixer is very reliable.
So 25% cdr with blue elixer. leaving only 15% left.

Nasher's is therefor overkill. So is frozen heart even.
DFG is 15%. But doesn't add to your survival save giving more ap for more spellvamp. SS is 15%. flat Hp and mana regen. not a bad choice.

Fiendish codex is an amazing early item as well. One of the main advantages of dfg or nashers. they are not, "all or nothing" items.

10-19-2010

Morgana is my favorite to play (great survivability), but has a problem with being a little useless in a fight after her spells have been cast. Black Shield is about the only reason for her to remain in the fight, and it isn't much of an offensive ability. Thus, the reason I am looking to quickly max CDR. At max, I can reasonably get a second salvo of snare and soil, as well as have up BS 95% of the time (as long as it isn't broken).

Nashor's Tooth: AP ratios are very nice on Morgana, so it is always annoying to waste a slot on a non-AP producing item. 50% Attack Speed is merely decorative compared to the AP + CDR (and mana regen). Even with max CDR, I rarely find myself out of mana with this item.

Frozen Heart: I rarely get outright defensive items, although GA is a consideration with the synergy with her ult, so this would be useful if I found myself targeted often. The -Opp Attack Speed (and built-in armor) would effectively cut down any DPS-opponent, but that would be only useful if you are close enough for it to take effect. As a mage-class without a significant attacking ability, I really don't want to be in close proximity, even though Morgana has relatively good health.

iEnky

10-19-2010

Frozen Heart doesnt exist.. i think you mean FROZEN BRAIN!!!!

Captain Shin

10-19-2010

Shrugs. By the time you've farm tear to spam, and zr for team diving, and GA for anti-focus, the game will be too far gone to farm any amount of CDR...

Crostol

10-19-2010

sould shroud is a good and cheap way for survival and cdr

Jaegerjaquez

Recruiter

10-19-2010

I don't even bother with CDR items most of the time. I just get blue buff + blue pot = 40%

Captain Shin

10-19-2010

Quote:
Jaegerjaquez:
I don't even bother with CDR items most of the time. I just get blue buff + blue pot = 40%

What he said.

1. Doran's ring
2. Shoes
3. Zohnya's ring
4. tear
5. Upgrade shoes as appropriate
6. GA
7. ???
8. Profit.
If you are doing anything else, i suggest you watch the WCG replays - they'll tell you why you should be rushing ZR.