Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

which champs are the best tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

biomorph

10-19-2010

What is it with people and continuous urge to flood board with "tank" posts? O.o
I swear the next one posting it I will .... never mind ...

Quote:
Pieson:
Amumu, Galio, shen, and Rammus are all great. You want a tank that can initiate and can take tons of damage.

This ... Altho Galio does not really compare to the others as far as tanking goes.

Noob Mexican

10-19-2010

garen
hes the best because you can tank with him while still carrying your team all the way to demacia.
just stack sunfires against any team and not only will you never be able to die ever, you will kill their entire team in a single spin.

Eviant

10-19-2010

Quote:
Noob Mexican:
garen
hes the best because you can tank with him while still carrying your team all the way to demacia.
just stack sunfires against any team and not only will you never be able to die ever, you will kill their entire team in a single spin.

Forget this. Morgana will laugh her ass off as she watches your "Tank" Fall before her in one smooth easygoing combo.

Great tanks often come with a couple things.
1) A way to mess with Positioning in team fights (Your Enemies, not yours)
2) A reason to target them, or at least throw on a couple of CC's
3) And finally a steriod of some sort to either increase survivability or damage, so you punish them for either ignoring you, or for targeting you lmfao.

Malphites make for great tanks, as they can very easily disrupt the positioning of the opposing team, halt Yi, Jax, Olaf, Xin, ect from reaching your back line, and all in all, make life hell for the other team.

Rammus is another one, powerball in, taunt the carry, toss on your shield and stamp the ground like no tomorrow.

Singed, even though others say no, can be a great main tank. Here is why, You run in as singed, popping off your insanity potion, mega adhesive the enemy team, fling their carry up to the front lines, and all the while, chipping away at their health with Poison.

I gave three prime examples, for the very reason that I wanted to show you that all three have ways to SLOW the enemy team, screw with positioning, and finally, give you a reason to target them. Mal has his Charge, plus ground slam, reducing attack speed of those wonderful physical carries, Rammus has his Powerball and taunt, and Singed has his adhesive and fling.

I'm tossing in Cho as well, because he has a health Steroid (Feast), Two ways to screw with the enemy team, (AoE silence and AoE Slow) And a reason to Target him...Feast, which is up to 800 True Damage before AP modifiers. He also has the unique ability to increase his size, making it harder for people to move around him, click targets near him, ect.

I hope this helped. And don't look at my scores XD I have alot more knowledge about the game than skill it seems. Either way though, I have played Ranked, and listened to the Really good players, in order to learn all this stuff.

Carados

10-19-2010

Garen isn't a tank. He's a melee carry. Just needed to post that.

Carados

10-19-2010

Quote:
Maeljin:
Tanking in this game can be defined by an ability to draw attention and to absorb damage. .

"No champion in this game can actively tank."

Got it.