Why do i suck so much with Vladimir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleHunter View Post
Well my problem with him is that i can't seem to kill people... my score with him on games are usually an average of 5 kills 5 deaths and maybe 7 assist... When i play him i feel really squishy. I would also like to know how you guys utilize his E?? i find the range on it really short..
His E range was buffed to exceed his Q range iirc. Anytime you are in range to Q, hit E right after.

Don't worry about killing people, worry about farming up and being useful in a team fight. Ult early so your teammates do extra damage. Focus on the squishier enemies like Annie over Shen. Don't pool unless you are trying to avoid significant damage or you need to snare the enemy so your team can finish them off. Contrary to popular belief you are NOT a tank, you're just a mage with an above average health pool so don't try to tank.

I won't tell you not to build warmog's because it is getting a buff this patch that might make it better, but you should definitely avoid focusing too much on purely defensive items. Build Zhonya's and Rylai's for sure.

Badman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

It's a pun guys.

Írb Jr

10-19-2010

Tips.
Spells - > Ignite/Ghost or Flash/Ghost

Levels 1-7
Q E Q W Q R Q

Start with Doran's Shield + HP Pot OR Health Crystal

Last hit with Q and E if possible, be careful not to push too hard or you may be ganked, and also watch your stacks for E so you don't end up killing yourself. Focus only on last hits until you hit level 7. This is when you should start harassing and poking the enemy's health before jumping in with an Ult + Ignite + Spells combo. Only pool in to slow and get the kill if they don't have a flash spell up and you can see the location of their jungler.

Levels 8 - 18
Spells: R Q E W Priority

If you went Health Crystal, you can rush Haunting Guise + Boots and if you started Doran's shield, you can still get Haunting Guise + Boots or get NLR first. Sorc when possible if they don't have CC, Mercs if they do. Go back and repeat and keep poking with Q, you should be able to zone them effectively by now. In team fights, Ult when your team has initiated and a fight has actually broken out. R, E, then Q the squishy, W/Zhonya's if there's a lot of AOE/ they've been focusing you. Run around pressing E / Q.. run away if you're dying.