Rumble counters Jax tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero Suit Senpai

01-06-2013

I hear that Rumble counters Jax, but I'm a totally noob Rumble and I lost to him in lane last game (not horribly, but I did lose to him).

How do I effectively use Rumble's skill set to counter a Jax player? I felt like after he built MR he won every duel.

Tips?

Felaedor

01-06-2013

Play Rumble more.

Just because Rumble does well against Jax (has a lot of non-autoattack based damage and can do damage at an acceptable range with long duration slow) mechanically doesn't mean you're ready to play Rumble.

He doesn't counter anybody until you've got a good number of Rumble games under your belt.

Zero Suit Senpai

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Play Rumble more.

Just because Rumble does well against Jax (has a lot of non-autoattack based damage and can do damage at an acceptable range with long duration slow) mechanically doesn't mean you're ready to play Rumble.
I am a total noob Rumble. So yeah, I expect to get better as I play him more (and do poorly now). But are there any things I should look out for?

Mustaphah

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshock520 View Post
I am a total noob Rumble. So yeah, I expect to get better as I play him more (and do poorly now). But are there any things I should look out for?
A Guide.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Here's what people tend to forget.

Jax' Counter Strike reduces any AoE spell damage. So, Rumble doesn't actually beat Jax. I'd say they're just even, with Jax being more of a single target carry late game while Rumble is more of an AoE + Utility

J Pixel

01-06-2013

Play rumble mid. You'll beat 99% of skill shot based champs. You might lose to targetable burst champs like leblanc and akali IF they're skilled. also lvl 6 rumble burst with ignite is pretty scary. I rarely lose any games as mid rumble.

Felaedor

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
A Guide.
Honestly, guides really aren't all that helpful, as they can't teach you to effectively CS with Flamethrower on, or when to use Taser for harass/CS.

It's just something you'll have to get a feel for.

When you can rush Haunting Guise and Sorc's or when you'll have to go Revolver.

Rumble's a VERY situational champ, and he's very different from most.

Weedlayer

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshock520 View Post
Don't try to trade people pre-5. This is true of almost any lane, unless you're vs. like a Singed or Nasus. Once you have three points in flamespitter, you can just W -> Q -> keep chasing him till you can land your Es. Avoid being in melee with him if possible. Rumble has two slows and a speed boost, and his flamespitter is 600 range.

Basically, get in a position where you can damage him and he can't damage you. If he jumps on you, use your harpoons and speed boost away, when he turns flamespitter him to win the trade.

You can fight in melee only if you're at a clear advantage and are trying to kill, but be careful, that's the fight jax likes best.

If you're really inexperienced as Rumble, this is one of the best guides for him I've ever seen: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...le-build-guide

Notice how he doesn't even GET Q until level 3? That's because pre-5 harass is useless, you really do need rank 3 Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetiaX View Post
Here's what people tend to forget.

Jax' Counter Strike reduces any AoE spell damage. So, Rumble doesn't actually beat Jax. I'd say they're just even, with Jax being more of a single target carry late game while Rumble is more of an AoE + Utility
It's not we forget, it's just not a big deal. You should generally run away from spinning Jaxs, as it means he's about to jump on you and stun you. This is easier than it sounds, as your harpoons and W mean you can easily outrun him.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedlayer View Post
Don't try to trade people pre-5. This is true of almost any lane, unless you're vs. like a Singed or Nasus. Once you have three points in flamespitter, you can just W -> Q -> keep chasing him till you can land your Es. Avoid being in melee with him if possible. Rumble has two slows and a speed boost, and his flamespitter is 600 range.

Basically, get in a position where you can damage him and he can't damage you. If he jumps on you, use your harpoons and speed boost away, when he turns flamespitter him to win the trade.

You can fight in melee only if you're at a clear advantage and are trying to kill, but be careful, that's the fight jax likes best.

If you're really inexperienced as Rumble, this is one of the best guides for him I've ever seen: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...le-build-guide

Notice how he doesn't even GET Q until level 3? That's because pre-5 harass is useless, you really do need rank 3 Q.

It's not we forget, it's just not a big deal. You should generally run away from spinning Jaxs, as it means he's about to jump on you and stun you. This is easier than it sounds, as your harpoons and W mean you can easily outrun him.
You can't outrun a gap closer with slows