Fizz Solo Top vs. Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoudFootSteps

01-06-2013

Does Fizz solo top counter Darius? I tried doing Fizz solo top for no apparent reason during a draft pick game and the enemy had Darius. For the first 5 minutes of the laning phase I was sort of being zoned, because Darius could easily out damage me.

Then I went back to the store and bought 2 Doran's Rings, which is my usual start on Fizz for mid as well. I always buy double Doran's Rings because the mana sustain it gives is so good, plus health and ability power which really helps in lane.

When I saw Darius use his Spin-Axe on minions to farm, I knew it was on cd. So I activated my Trident, rushed into him, basic attacked, then jumped out. He didn't even have time to put a bleed stack on me, and my rend was on him. I easily harassed him in lane.

This strategy took up almost half my mana for every use. However, with 2 Doran's Rings I got really good mana regen and got back 10 mana for every minion kill, and I managed to get back all my mana in around a minute. Since the entire combo took out around 1/5 of his health, I could easily bring him low and either zone or kill him.

Afterwards Darius bought a Hexdrinker and MR boots, but I finished Sheen, so my harass still managed to take out 1/5 of his health. Therefore, I think that Fizz can easily counter Darius in lane.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

Because the combo you can do once per minute takes out 20% of his health? You can kill him in 5 minutes if he maintains low health regen and never goes back to base...

How was your CS versus his?

Elevare

01-06-2013

Not as hard as vayne counters everyone.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevare View Post
Not as hard as vayne counters everyone.
Seriously. Running Vayne top, if you can play her, is really, really strong. Don't run it against a hero like Kayle or Nidalee, but any high HP, melee range heroes without ranged harass or HUGE mobility are going to suffer. She's like Jayce, but without the bruiser stats and with higher DPS.

LoudFootSteps

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Because the combo you can do once per minute takes out 20% of his health? You can kill him in 5 minutes if he maintains low health regen and never goes back to base...

How was your CS versus his?
Well my CS was about the same. Also, by the time he actually gets to around 40% health I can throw my shark and use ignite, and use my e to actually damage him as well.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFootSteps View Post
Well my CS was about the same. Also, by the time he actually gets to around 40% health I can throw my shark and use ignite, and use my e to actually damage him as well.
So you went 0/0 against him, and managed the same CS? And, by the way, you did this once. Could be it was just a bad Darius, but all the same, if you're a good Fizz player and managed this, then I'm gonna call it. Fizz isn't a Darius counter. You don't muster a draw in lane and declare the champion to be a counter. At best, he's neutral.