Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low FPS Observation (pseudo-workaround)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xaogypsie

10-18-2010

I bring this up not as a hack/fix, per se, but rather because it might help the developers.

When a match launches, a new process is started that corresponds to the match that was created. I've noticed that if I run the "renice" command and set the priority for that particular process to the highest possible (-20), I no longer get massive slowdown during teamfights. It still dips a little, but not dramatically. Previously, it would drop to about 5fps, now it won't generally go below 20fps.

I don't want to give a detailed explanation of how to use the renice command in this situation, even though it isn't secret, because I know the last thing the developers want are a bunch of users doing workarounds when they are trying to fix bugs.

I did, however, find this to be interesting, and hopefully it will help the devs...