[Suggestion] Language Preference in Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teriph

01-06-2013

I'd just like to see if it's possible at all for Riot to make a language preference where you check a box for language preference. I've been stuck in a few games where someone speaks Spanish and can't communicate with the team, or where I'm the only one who speaks English and can't communicate with the team, and other variations of having communication issues due to language barriers.

Considering it's a team game and it's hard to communicate with my team when I can't understand them and they can't understand me, I figured I ought to say something.

AngleWyrm

01-14-2013

This would be great!
I've often been stuck in games where the players are speaking a language I don't understand.

Nightwhite3

01-14-2013

This would be a great feature, its close to impossible to win a team game when you have no idea what they're saying

Zykritch

01-14-2013

Fantastic idea.. one problem though, we're assuming they're intelligent enough to not pick an "English" preference when they don't speak English. I could name quite a few players who wouldn't express that mental capability too well.

SilentToker

01-15-2013

I was just getting into a match and thought the same thing when some players started speaking a different language. figured i'd bump this because I agree!

Maybe if implemented, make it pop up for everyone in a dialog box choosing. and also add that to the signup process.

save a lot of headaches

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriph View Post
I'd just like to see if it's possible at all for Riot to make a language preference where you check a box for language preference. I've been stuck in a few games where someone speaks Spanish and can't communicate with the team, or where I'm the only one who speaks English and can't communicate with the team, and other variations of having communication issues due to language barriers.

Considering it's a team game and it's hard to communicate with my team when I can't understand them and they can't understand me, I figured I ought to say something.
An alternative, that I feel should be in place in a series of premade statements that auto translate into your preferred language... also they could use these for those who were in restricted chat.