Riot, make a Create-a-Champion competition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wise Squirrel

01-06-2013

My guess would be that there would be FAR too many submissions.

But with ALL THE REQUIREMENTS YOU DEMAND, the number might actually be feasible to judge.

I'm neutral on this.

DominatorV4

01-06-2013

bump

DominatorV4

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
My guess would be that there would be FAR too many submissions.

But with ALL THE REQUIREMENTS YOU DEMAND, the number might actually be feasible to judge.

I'm neutral on this.
Well I decided that if you are wanting to make a champion for this competition then you can't just put in some half-ass'd attempt, you're gonna have to go all the way.

DominatorV4

01-06-2013

I think the reason that this thread keeps going down so quickly (even though it is good), is because of all of the qq spam threads about why LoL isn't fair.

KingRaerdon

01-06-2013

I... I actually like this idea.

DominatorV4

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enigma King View Post
I... I actually like this idea.
Don't see why you wouldn't :P

2Black2StronK

01-07-2013

You know why this hasn't happened yet, even though it's obviously a great idea?

Riot would lose an unprecedented amount of control over the fanbase. They employ a deliberate pacing of designs and ideas to keep the customers engaged.

Using even one fan-creation would open a can of worms that Riot doesn't want to open. No analysis can predict the outcomes of implementing fan-generated ideas. It's hard enough with these super tryhards pushing cool ideas like Pulsefire Jarvan and Firedancer Draven. How would the community react if one idea got taken over another? There simply is no way to know what kind of chain reactions would be set off.

May sound kind of strange if you're not familiar with business economics, but I hope this helps a little.

btw http://thefbe.com/league-of-legends-...ng-tendencies/

DominatorV4

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Black2StronK View Post
You know why this hasn't happened yet, even though it's obviously a great idea?

Riot would lose an unprecedented amount of control over the fanbase. They employ a deliberate pacing of designs and ideas to keep the customers engaged.

Using even one fan-creation would open a can of worms that Riot doesn't want to open. No analysis can predict the outcomes of implementing fan-generated ideas. It's hard enough with these super tryhards pushing cool ideas like Pulsefire Jarvan and Firedancer Draven. How would the community react if one idea got taken over another? There simply is no way to know what kind of chain reactions would be set off.

May sound kind of strange if you're not familiar with business economics, but I hope this helps a little.

btw http://thefbe.com/league-of-legends-...ng-tendencies/
I can understand where you are coming from, but I have to say that I disagree. I don't think that this competition would cause the fanbase to spiral out of control, in fact I think that it would do quite the opposite.

And in response to your statement "No analysis can predict the outcomes of implementing fan-generated ideas." I find this to be false, we have seen what happens when Riot implements fan concepts and they have all been widely accepted by the community (Battle Bunny Riven, Gentleman Cho' Gath etc.)

Yinzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Sounds neat!

Arcana Lancer

01-07-2013

I really support this!