Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus art rework and a new 5v5 map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umbra13

01-06-2013

When Elise was released, Riot did a big thing where there was kind of a big "package"; she was part of an entire patch that had this entire Shadow Isles theme, new items, and a new version of Twisted Treeline, in addition to Elise herself. Well, after reviewing the most recent additions to the champ roster, I noticed something: we haven't seen anything happen from the Nasus/Renekton story arc in a long time. Granted, it kind of feels like Riot is starting to care less and less about the lore, but I think someone could take the Nasus/Renekton story and do a kind of "package" thing, like what was done with Elise and the Shadow Isles: a new champ from that story arc could be developed, and be released with a new Ancient Egypt/Desert themed 5v5 map. Now I know that Riot has recently stated that they have no plans to do a new 5v5 map anytime soon, but I still think it would be a great idea. As part of this package, Nasus can also get some new artwork; heaven knows he needs it (currently, he looks like a cartoon character compared to the artwork of, say, Jayce or Zed).

I don't think I am the only one that feels this way about the Nasus and Renekton lore either; I have seen the ideas of other summoners who would also like to see at least a new champ from this story arc. Unfortunately, I don't remember the summoner's names, but I saw some very interesting suggestions for an AP mid champ modeled after the Ancient Egyptian god Bastet (in the same way that Nasus is modeled after Anubis), or a support champ that is like an Arabian genie (Malzahar has a skin kind of like this, but I think this concept can be developed further). Personally, I think it might be cool to see an AD carry modeled after the Egyptian falcon god Horus.

I know none of this is going to happen anytime soon, but I still think it is a cool idea.

AFriendlyHunter

01-06-2013

I support the idea, Nasus was my first champion and I believe he deserves new artwork

Umbra13

01-06-2013

Out of all that I mentioned, I do think that new Nasus artwork and a new champ from that story arc are the most feasible. I doubt we will be seeing a new map anytime soon. But I have seen many interesting suggestions for champs, like the ones I mentioned.

mhaetsts

Recruiter

01-06-2013

This seems....AWESOME

DGK Diablo

01-09-2013

Please RIOT!! BUMP!

zelmawizard

05-29-2013

i highly support this as although asus wasn my first, he s the closest to my favourite god anubis and i loe te desert and that rthere should be anoter 5v5map other than sommerners rift, you could male a 5 lane game

trackstar20

05-30-2013

Both Renekton and Nasus are based off of Egyptian gods, and I agree new art and a new champ to the mix would be nice. There are many Egyptian gods Riot, please make something happen. And I would love the 5v5 decked out to look like Egypt at least for like a special release. I mean they used to do it for Halloween and Christmas, so why not then.

Zeddicus4

05-30-2013

I have been obsessed with the Egyptian gods since i was little and was drawn straight to nasus and renekton, this is a great idea. As everyone is saying it will be a slow process but i think it would be great to have any concept ideas for this posted to the thread so we can make some headway. I have yet to try creating the abilities for champs and lore, ect but i could start on some artistic concepts and really want to see this idea come to life!