Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Corki or Heimerdinger?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bjzee

10-18-2010

I'm debating which champ to get. I do decent/well with both of them, and both are fun. What are the pros and cons of each, and how do they play in ranked?

PetalDance

10-18-2010

corki carries games, heimer is a *******, both are great.

Tsavo213

10-18-2010

Sadly as a former Heimer main I have to admit he is dead

Riot gutted him. Corki on the other hand can still rip if he gets fed with stacked blood thirsters.

TalkGibberish

10-18-2010

Both are generally looked down on in ranked, but I think Corki has the most "Potential"

However, you will probably have quite a few Kogs and Ez's that you will be fighting for ranged Carry position.

Personally, I love the Dinger, and find him a lot of fun. I'm sure he can still be viable in ranked if you are good with him.

(I actually usually play normal, cause ranked guys are jerks. :P )

Balloon Fighter

10-18-2010

Quote:
Tsavo213:
Sadly as a former Heimer main I have to admit he is dead

Riot gutted him. Corki on the other hand can still rip if he gets fed with stacked blood thirsters.

heimer is not dead, you just cant sit on your towers anymore

nades are pro dude

that being said, i like both but lately have had more fun with heimer, and hes cheaper

Bjzee

10-18-2010

Bump for more opinions. seems like it's still 50/50

Tenant

Friend of Urf

10-18-2010

Both are pretty different, but here's my super-incredibly rough summation of the two

Heimer:

Caster/pusher type champ
Pushes like a boss
Unique play with his turrets
Has great control over space in an area with his turrets and the range of his abilities
While a bit unreliable, rockets hit hard, often, and far
Has access to a blind, which is relatively rare on most champs
Adorable sciencey voice

Corki:
Ranged DPS
Passive makes his autoattacks hit hard, and makes them slightly effective against tanks than other champs
Metric-ass ton of AoE damage
Farms incredibly well
Scales very well with Attack Damage (Gatling Gun benefits from AD)
Gatling Gun, along with his passive, makes him a good anti-armor/anti-tank champ
Unfortunately, very squishy, and very reliant on positioning for his Gatling Gun; hard to play than most other ranged DPS as a result
Aviator lingo out the wazoo

Crashbolt

10-18-2010

Heimer is still good but I like Corki more.

Bjzee

10-18-2010

Quote:
Tenant:
Both are pretty different, but here's my super-incredibly rough summation of the two

Heimer:

Caster, pusher type champ
Pushes like a boss
Unique play with his turrets
While a bit unreliable, rockets hit hard, often, and far
Has access to a blind, which is relatively rare on most champs
Adorable sciencey voice

Corki:
Ranged DPS
Passive makes his autoattacks hit hard, and makes them slightly effective against tanks than other champs
Metric-ass ton of AoE damage
Farms incredibly well
Scales very well with Attack Damage (Gatling Gun benefits from AD)
Unfortunately, very squishy, and very reliant on positioning for his Gatling Gun; hard to play than most other ranged DPS as a result
Aviator lingo out the wazoo

looks like at this point im going to get both, corki first XD

Krackor

10-18-2010

Heimer holds a unique place in the spectrum of champions. There's no other champ quite like him so he's worth getting.

Corki's outshined by similar, and marginally superior, champions that are far cheaper (Tristana, Ashe, Kayle, Sivir). In fact, for the price of Corki, you could have all four of those champions and have IP left to spare.

The last champion I purchased was actually Corki, and I'm half regretting it. As much fun as he is to play, I just don't feel like I have that huge an impact on games (maybe it's just that I haven't mastered him yet?). I probably should have spent the 6300 IP on champs like Olaf, Karthus, or Galio instead.