Error, Graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

politic

12-24-2010

I'm having the same issue that everyone on this thread is complaining about: a video card with DirectX 9 that for some reason refuses to run LoL because of this error. Help please!

Fleiska

12-24-2010

How hard is it to understand... if your graphic card doesnt support shared 2.0 it cant run LoL. Buy new graphic card.

Beasterbuny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

just updated my card today and now i cant play lol here is my Dxdiag

rougewarrior987

01-03-2011

i got the same problem

Burnd

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleiska View Post
How hard is it to understand... if your graphic card doesnt support shared 2.0 it cant run LoL. Buy new graphic card.
WHAT YOU ARE TELLING IS BULL-****.
Get your facts right next time, j*sus.
I was able to play lol for a really long time over 1.5 year, i played it 4 months with this video card, and now it tells i need shader 2.0 or higher, while i can run modern warfare 2 , which needs shader 3.0.
Riot, please do something about your not so overly exiting support.

ColtAllman

01-09-2011

Ymgodi

01-12-2011

Success!
I was having this same issue; upgraded from vista to 7 and when I got the cell shader needs to be 2.0 message. I have a Dell inspiron 1721 laptop.

It appears it was just a driver issue I downloaded from this site and the issue was fixed:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista32.aspx

Maybe that will help somebody out there...

Crosisx2

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleiska View Post
The problem people are having is not that they can't run LoL it's that they WERE running it and then suddenly after a patch they get this error. I get this error as well. I can play LoL fine still but every time the game goes to the character picture screen before a match start its freezes. It's fixed by reopening the game but it's quite annoying to have to do it every time a game starts.

HockeyIcon

01-31-2011

I am having the same problem but am under different circumstances. I have a Mac Book pro and am using parallels to run windows 7. When I try to instal new drivers I get an error that says something like "we can not find the proper hardware."

Any thoughts?

Kershbob

02-05-2011

hey playing using the mac client, worked fine for 2 months anyone got a fix yet? as were speaking im reinstalling