[Guide] Nunu - Fists of Fury - A Guide to AD Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilcookiemnstr

10-18-2010

Nunu – Fists of Fury – A Guide to AD Nunu

Introduction:

This guide is going to explain the basics and the more advanced strategy of a new way to play Nunu that I am trying to prove as a viable build; AD Nunu.

P.S. This is my first guide so any help on formatting or sections I am missing or should add would be appreciated!

What this guide is not trying to do:

I am NOT trying to explain to anyone or fight the case and say that Nunu is a carry. He is NOT a carry. He is what I like to call a side carry.

A side carry is a damage dealer that is outshined by other carries such as Yi, however, they bring invaluable support aspects to the team and to the primary carry while still being able to deal just under the damage of the primary carry.

What this guide is trying to do:

Explain to the reader that not only is AD Nunu viable, but he is an incredible asset to a team that is outshined by few champions in the game.

It will show how to place at second damage dealt in most games.

It will explain how to jungle efficiently and effectively.

The guide itself:

I will not explain what each of Nunu’s skills do as I am sure anyone capable of reading this guide is capable of going to leaguecraft and looking them up.

Key:

Q – consume
W – Blood Boil
E – Iceball
R – Absolute Zero

Skill Order:

1. Q
  2. E
  3. W
  4. W
  5. W
  6. R
  7. W
  8. E
  9. W
  10. E
  11. R
  12. E
  13. E
  14. Q
  15. Q
  16. R
  17. Q
  18. Q

Masteries:

9-0-21 (Up for debate)

Make sure to grab improved buff timers, improved ghost, and improved smite

Runes: (Up for debate)

Red = Armor pen
Yellow = Hp/level
Blue = CDR/level
Quints = Flat HP

Summoner Spells:

Smite: Necessary for jungling quickly and efficiently

Ghost: Will probably be nerfed soon, but as of right now is the most powerful escape and chase summoner skill available.

Jungling:

Nunu is, in my opinion, the hands down best jungler in the game. He does it the fastest and the most efficiently, almost always being at full hp during his trounces through the jungle, allowing ganking at any time necessary.

Start at Blue buff with cloth armor, 2 health potions, and a sight ward.

Place the sight ward just outside in the bushes in the river near your jungling point to avoid being ganked. Then sit in the bushes near blue buff and await spawn.

When blue buff spawns cast smite from the bushes and wait, you can melee attack the blue buff from the bushes, this keeps enemies from seeing you and targeting you without getting in melee range.

When the golem hits you pop your health potion. Save your consume until you have taken enough damage to receive the full benefit from the heal. Beat the golem down and consume the little guy and beat the other one to death.

Then head to wolves, consume the big one and kill all three. Pop your last health potion and head to the red buff, smite, consume, ice ball.

After this how you jungle is irrelevant, keep up your buffs but now you start to gank. You should be level three. Gank whichever lane needs it and then proceed to where your needed.

Jungling Tip: When you are holding a lane for a teammate, ask if they want you to hold it or push it, if they are not ready for the lane to be pushed, pushing the lane can severely hinder them.

How to Gank:

Hide in the bushes, when the target runs past you, ping the target and tell your team, bloodboil yourself, ghost, iceball your target and beat on them relentlessly.

Item Order:

Cloth Armor 2 health pots sight ward
Madreds razors
Merc treads
Emblem of valor
Starks
Manamune
Madreds bloodrazors
Trinity force
(6th item is up for debate, haven’t had a game last this long yet)

Viability and your role:

Nunu has a very high base hp and hp per level, this makes him incredibly beefy without building to be beefy, use this to your advantage.

Blood boil is your bread and butter move, always have it on and always cast it on something else if able. This makes your carry ridiculously powerful, as well as buffs your damage tremendously.

Your role is to deal tremendous damage, but less than a primary carry, you are trying to buff your carry and make him unstoppable while maintaining yourself as an additional threat that cannot be ignored.

Whenever possible, allow your carry to get the killing blows, it will be more beneficial in the long run if you get an assist and they get the kill, however, don’t let them get away.

First Troll Post: Wait! Hold the presses! You mean you don’t play AP nunu? But his ultimate WTHPWNS you suck you noob.

Evilcookiemnstr: No I don’t play AP, your iceballs primary use is to slow the enemy carries attack speed and to chase enemies down. Your ultimate, yes has the highest direct AP ratio in the game, however, your ultimate does 1125 damage without any AP added, going AD gives your character a much more sustained dps rather than one shot wonder and your ultimate is still incredibly useful, it still screams run or die to the enemy, slows, and is almost as effective if not more so than an Anivia wall at blocking enemies from chasing your allies.

I personally place second on damage dealt, only being passed by the primary carry on the team in almost every game I have used this build and I believe this to be the most viable way to play Nunu and if done correctly, improves his viability to a much higher standard than people believe him capable of.

hypershatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

as a nunu player, i am open to ideas. so i will not beat ur guide down. i wont comment on ur AD build and items regardless of how weird this concept sounds. someone else can (will) do that.

some questions:
1. wheres banshee's veil? wheres flash? how in the world can u expect to get ur ult off in teamfights against people with more than half a brain?
2. if this is how u define the usage of AD nunu, why would anyone choose AD nunu over someone who can do the same thing MUCH BETTER, lets say Nasus with wither?
3. how much gold u expect to get with this idea?

i would also appreciate screenshot of u using this build and the scores. please include ur summoner level and kd ratio.

Evilcookiemnstr

10-18-2010

ok next time i am online ill screenshot it but my current kda is 3.0 and my summoner lvl is 30 i am 3/5 in ranked games 1/0 premade 5v5

as for nasus, he doesnt bring bloodboil to the table, hes beefy he slows ms and as and he does dmg yes, but he doesnt have the fearful scatter effect of nunus ulty or the support of one of the best buffs in the game blood boil

as for the ult hes not ap, if it goes off it goes off not a big deal, its used more as a utility, it acts as a wall and a scatter effect almost like an aoe version of fiddles fear with slow added in, therefore no banshees veil because its not necessary, even if they stun you ur ult gives off the desired effect, ghost > flash unless you are playing AP

as for gold it gets quite a bit, between smite consume and madreds with the AS from bloodboil you get quite a bit not to mention the extra from assists and kills

my most recent game was 3-4-22

hypershatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcookiemnstr View Post
as for nasus, he doesnt bring bloodboil to the table, hes beefy he slows ms and as and he does dmg yes, but he doesnt have the fearful scatter effect of nunus ulty or the support of one of the best buffs in the game blood boil
not all characters have the same skill or abilities lol. and yes he does have fearful scatter effect, his ult sandstorm which can devastate enemy team. because u build nunu AD based, forgoing his strongest asset (instant massive nuke), and he is much squishier than nasus; nunu is not able to tank or be threat at all. all u can do is bloodboil a carry and urself in hopes of somehow dpsing down the enemy. but what u fail to understand is enemy team can easily wreck the now-squishy and threatless u and ur vunlerable carry.

hey guess who else has similar to bloodboil and "fearful aoe scatter/slow"
pirate.

Quote:
as for the ult hes not ap, if it goes off it goes off not a big deal, its used more as a utility, it acts as a wall and a scatter effect almost like an aoe version of fiddles fear with slow added in, therefore no banshees veil because its not necessary, even if they stun you ur ult gives off the desired effect, ghost > flash unless you are playing AP
anivia, fiddle can do this better than nunu. + anivia's ult is spammable.

Quote:
as for gold it gets quite a bit, between smite consume and madreds with the AS from bloodboil you get quite a bit not to mention the extra from assists and kills

my most recent game was 3-4-22
i dont believe u can get past madreds bloodrazer through rushing.

ur build doesnt convince me a bit. sorry. please test at least 30-50 games before posting something brand new.

thanks

jiggity

10-18-2010

I would have to agree with the poster above. I just dont see AD Nunu being viable at all, by any means. Let me prove my point real quick:

Consume: Keeps you in the lane longer, as well, if you would build AP, a huge health gain back. Going AD does you NO justice with this spell. None, You are actually, (If you go AD) to a certain degree, playing with 3 abilities while everyone else gets 4.

(SUPPORT ABILITY) Bloodboil: Helps other carries get the job done. And helps you get away in a tight spot.

Frostball = Very middle of the road, if not high end AP ratio here. Does insane damage if you do some MP items.

Ice Nuke Ulti: Very High AP ratio here, once again. Hyper is right, if you have banshee's, it would increase your chance to be able to pull this off. Yes, I would agree that Exhaust/ghost are good, but then again, those are amazing S.A (Summoner Abilities) in any build with NuNu.

I really enjoyed your take on a different way to play a hero, but sometimes when Riot intends the hero to be played AP, they kinda mean it.

Evilcookiemnstr

10-18-2010

With the ulty, yes AP does make it do more damage, by alot, however 1125 damage is still insane and causes them to waste CC on you REGARDLESS of your build making it effective and if you are talking higher elo then chances are even with banshees veil, it isn't going off.

I get past madreds in EVERY game i play.

My nunu build has over 100 armor and over 60 mr, weak, but still higher than many DPSers, and has 2800+ hp without hp items making him quite beefy, easier to take down than a tank nunu yes, but so is an AP nunu.

Consume is useful for laning, very, however this build is purely based off jungling and without ap and rank 1 consume i very rarely drop below 3/4s except for the initial golem kill. Going AD, you are right i gain less health with Consume, however, with lifesteal and madreds razors, you gain tremendous health back constantly due to high AS and the 500 bonus damage, causing it to equal out in the end.

Frostball, yes high end ap ratio of 1:1, however you still get a decent poke and a massive slow to their MS and AS.

Yes pirate can add and AS buff and he can do a fearful scatter effect, however pirate is no where near as durable a AD nunu, its a trade off, aoe speed increase that effects slightly less or durability and a scatter effect that ALSO causes a forced CC.

He is not much squishier than an AD nasus, and he is an incredible threat to the other team. Please test these kinds of things before making comments you cannot back up.

Yes anivia and fiddles can both do that too, however, its the combination of all the things the build can do rather than points out oh this champion can do this and this other champ can do this, you just compared one of each aspect of nunu to different champions, ok so anivia can do the scatter, nasus can do the wither, but nunu can do BOTH.

Evilcookiemnstr

10-18-2010

And the requested screenshots are posted

hypershatter

10-18-2010

lol good luck to ur build. ur 35% victory makes me speechless.

p.s. err u should learn ur heroes. look at ur paragraph about pirate and anivia/nasus. enough said honestly this argument goes nowhere.
p.p.s. who plays a pure AD nasus?

Evilcookiemnstr

10-18-2010

4-5 now, and one of those losses was ap before i turned to AD, making my AD score 4-4, as for saying you weren't going to bash my guide and you are open to new ideas obviously you aren't considering most of the questions you asked in ur first post were mentioned which means you just looked at the title you didn't read it not to mention all of your posts have had no statistical background, just your solid opinion as well as your stuck up snobby attitude.

So please, before you bash, learn to read past the title.

p.s. as for my paragraphs about pirate, nothing is wrong with it, his ulty doesn't force a CC as it isn't channeled, and there is no way in hell he is more durable. Nasus unless pure AD will not outdamage ad nunu and if hes not pure ad then yes he is more durable, but less damage and no buff for his allies, its a tradeoff between the two. As for the anivia paragraph what is wrong with it, yes anivia can do the scatter, and can wall as well as do damage, but she doesn't provide the support that AD nunu does again, a trade off, however this isn't a guide trying to explain why hes better than other champions, just that it is viable.

p.p.s. no one plays a pure AD nasus, in which case my ad nunu will outdamage him.

Shinslammer

10-18-2010

Id like to reinforce the fact that this build is PURELY for pubstomping. I personally like sheen on nunu, since snowballs keep the procs rolling. AD nunu is very fun, but theres no real benefit to it instead of playing tank. your gank is still just as strong in the laning phase.

I disagree with skill order. Bloodboil doesnt really get better with rank, so you should absolutely still be leveling snowball first, even as AD. 1 rank in BB is fine until late game. Youll get more out of the better snowballs until then. My personal skill order for jungling nunu is Q E Q W E R, then going R>E>Q>W after that. 2nd point in Q right before lizard leaves you super high hp for your level 4 gank, which is super strong with the slow and ms increase on yourself.

Have you played hybrid nunu at all? Going with either a lich bane or triforce and a guinsoos?