Andolthir/Galager - The Modest Prodigy (Male Carry/Support)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Hello League of Legends Forum - I couldn't decide on a name. Please if you view this leave a message

This is a hero I've designed with the hopes of seeing a strong Male support who is entirely different from other supports with the ability to become greater through Mastership -- Like an experienced musician. Supports are 2nd chair they're not lower, but they aren't forefront -- they are important, and they assist first Chair -- but when you've mastered your ability you can move to first Chair -- I liken an ADC to first Chair high responsibility (you gotta carry).

He's a character who can be played by all and be beneficial (support), but dedicated players who can master him will be able to carry their team - itemization alone wont be enough. A devastatingly high skill cap that doesn't render him useless to noobs, but makes him exciting to learn to play for the pro.

-----------------------------------------------

Fast Facts

Ranged, Male, Support/Carry - Ionian Instrumentalist.

1. He has a damage buff when his Q is activated
2. He has an attack speed buff that affects others when his W is activated
3. He has a short range CC that does minor magic damage to those in a short range around him when you activate is E
4. He can extend his passive buffs to allies when his R is active
5. When he dies he gives sight to his killers and around his body

Background

His best friend is Sona and they enjoy tea with each other and telling stories. They both have a fondness for design. And Andolthir's long Coarse black braids we're done by sona herself. His dark eyes, Auburn complexion, and soft facial features make him particularly attractive, but as much as they enjoy each others company -- they've never seemed to be more than best friends.

As a child he was raised to explore the mechanics of techmaturgy, and for years he ignored his gift for music -- he thought himself a failure -- while technically skilled never found true passion in technology. Confused and torn Sona a gentle soul befriended him, and soon they learned together Andolthir could communicate with Sona in a manner no others could -- not through telepathy, but music alone.

Whole conversations could be had through their instrumentation, and what would take many musicians years to perfect -- could happen spontaneously in an instant between these two's conversations.

"He's really something else...If he'd just realize his true potential, he could be something greater...Like me. Well almost."

-Ezreal

Passive - Last Sonata - When does a poet truely die? When Galager is killed he reveals his Final Sonata giving vision of all enemy champions who killed or asissted in killing Galager for a duration of time, and giving true sight around his body for a duration of time. Additionally Galager's Basic Attacks add to his Rhythm meter (His energy source).

Explanation: You see the trouble with poet is how do you know it's deceased. Stick to Priest! Galager's last great work will be known by all through the ages and as such when he dies his many accomplishments including his enemies are. He's sooooo deep.

Q - Rhythm (Passive/active) - Galager's ability to sense the the Natural order of sound around him allows for Galager to move faster and with intention.

Passively Rhythm provides Galager with bonus movement speed as he steps.

Rhythm is free to use. When Rhythm is activated - For each successful attack landed on beat, Galager gains bonus ability power and attack damage, if Galager loses Rhythm (from time decay) all bonuses are removed until he gains it back again - these bonsues persist until another ability is activated.

Rhythm is designed to add to Galger's Rhythm meter. Without Rhythm Galager's other abilities are without direction. This decays overtime (Keeping time for extended durations is not easy). This ability cannot be quickly switched back too, activating other abilities lowers the cooldown significantly (as music requires unison to be effective).

Explanation: Galager is a magical musician of sorts, he was born with a super natural understanding of sound that allows him to sense the ebb and flow of the world around him in a manner that those without see as disorder. This is his primary unique mechanic and will be a learned skill like last hitting.

W - Harmony (passive/active) - Galager's ability to bring order the seemingly disordered allows for him to synergize with his allies.

Passively Harmony grants bonus attack speed to Galager.

When activated or reactivated after a cooldown Haromy consumes some Rhythm on each use - Galager's next attack deals a ratio of his ability power as bonus damage. Any unit that Andolthir has attacked for a short duration will cause an allies attack delay to be decreased and all projectile speeds are normalized on that target.

The active cannot be used without Rhythm. If Galager loses all his Rhythm the passive bonuses of this ability are reduced. Switching back to his Rhythm ability will replenish this bonus.

Explanation: Unlike conventional attack speed buffs, this shortens the time between attacks rather than increasing the number of attacks that can be made per Champion - this will make it so that players appear to attack in harmony with each other

---------------------------------------------

E - Melody (Passive/active) - Galager's voice becomes enriched with song causing an enemy to become altered by the power of music overcome with fear or sorrow.

Passively Melody protects Galager from Status altering affects Majorly increasing his tenacity and Minorly reducing all incoming damage.

When activated Melody consumes some rhythm to be used. Melody becomes offensive and Minor magic damage is done to enemies around Galager. Enemies within a short range are immediately feared for a very Minor duration of time (this can only be done irregularly), enemies farther away are Majorly slowed this slowing affect wears off over a period of 1 second.

The active cannot be used without rhythm if Galager loses his Rhythm the passive bonuses of this ability are reduced. Switching back to Rhythm will replenish this bonus.

Explanation: Andolthir plays a powerful melody, that causes his opponents to run with fear at the horns of battle - No one is able to resist the power of music. Passively he has learned the supportive melody that keeps his resolve strong.

----------------------------------------------

R - Harpsichord - The Grand Symphony - All of Galager's ability radiate out from him for a duration of time. All allies receive the Passive bonuses of Galager's abilities (Movement speed, tenacity, and Attack Speed). Galager is unable to move while he plays the Harpsichord (but can still attack) , and any negative results from losing rhythm are rendered null for the duration of the Symphony, meaning his Attack Damage and Ability Power bonuses can not be removed.

Character Quirks

In addition all of his attacks (based on his active ability) play a unique sound, such that the Holy Trinity of Music Rhythm, Harmony, and Melody are in unison.

These active affects work similar to sonas and can have a temporary cross over when the active is changed.

I designed this character with an aggressive Support in mind, someone who can be useful through untraditional means (Not just CC, Heal, Silences, periodic burst etc), anyone of a certain skill level will be able to play him in this capacity, but if played effectively he can be used as a powerful ADC type character.

He likes to hang around Ezreal.

He's modeled after traits of Music and Myself.

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Oh I also left out ability values in the hopes that I don't negatively influence peoples concept of him.

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Anyone ?

Calling Clouds

01-04-2013

"long Coarse black braids we're done by sona herself"

"they've never seemed to be more than best friends."

"He likes to hang around Ezreal."

I'm gay and this is too gay for my gay.

Props for writing though. Just don't see GD receiving this well.

RoxasRebirth

01-04-2013

I really like the idea! Although it sounds like a nightmare to program :P

Could you explain the rhythm mechanic a little more? I'm guessing a beat will be provided or some kind of metronome, but it still sounds very difficult to master XD

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasRebirth View Post
I really like the idea! Although it sounds like a nightmare to program :P

Could you explain the rhythm mechanic a little more? I'm guessing a beat will be provided or some kind of metronome, but it still sounds very difficult to master XD
Well I imagine a person having a marker over them that indicates the time to hit so to speak. If a player waits to long they begin to lose Rhthym, if they miss they don't gain rhythm.

When you switch to another active they start to use Rhythm. To activate a skill.

As time progresses they lose Rhythm until they rebuild it with their rhythm skill.

I thought it'd be neat if the ability switching emulated the idea that you need all 3 to create beautiful music.

Kaalika

01-04-2013

Yeah I'd love to see a straight male support since we already have Taric covering the gay male support role.

Love the concept aside from this. I'd just like to be sure that support isn't "relegated" to women and gays but not REAL men, you know?

Yes, Angus. But I don't see Riot making Angus anytime soon.

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
Yeah I'd love to see a straight male support since we already have Taric covering the gay male support role.

Love the concept aside from this. I'd just like to be sure that support isn't "relegated" to women and gays but not REAL men, you know?

Yes, Angus. But I don't see Riot making Angus anytime soon.
I don't know if he's gay though I just said he has braids. He hangs around Ezreal because they have similar personalities. And he's to modest/self defeating to do anything with Sona probably.

>.>

He supposed to be a character that becomes more confident overtime y'know.

phatcat09

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexedCat View Post
"long Coarse black braids we're done by sona herself"

"they've never seemed to be more than best friends."

"He likes to hang around Ezreal."

I'm gay and this is too gay for my gay.

Props for writing though. Just don't see GD receiving this well.
really oh come on that's all just subjective viewing >.<;

They're good friends and his Braids are a dominant feature ergo why it was mentioned. Ezreal has a related personality and mental state, which is why he's the quote.

are you sure he's gay?

phatcat09

01-04-2013

He has a deeper voice than Ezreal too!