Masteries season 4 suggerences

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicBloodLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Sup, I'm MagicBloodLine from NA server and avalible to play if needed in Brazilean and EU West servers. In this thread we are going to talk about a group of suggerences that may be aplied to the season 4 masteries for some reassons that I find rasonable.

I noticed that the current masteries are quite obvious to set if selecting 21 masteries in the same tree. Another ideas are:

1.- Offensive tree is literally divided in two parts: AD or AP. For the masteries building, it's obvius at least for me which masteries I have to pick for a particular champion. I have nothing more than 19 obvious slots to use in each one of these, depending on the champion... (Executioner and Summoners Wrath are just personal perferences).
1.1.- AD offensive tree (notice that I separate AD and AP trees at masteries) is forced to have havoc to climb to some of the higher masteries in Offensive tree.
1.2.- AP tree is kinda obvious aswell, but a bit less than the AD one ... fortunately for us. Because there are some interesting masteries like Spellsword that is a curious situational mastery and not a must.

2.- Defensive tree doesn't convince me at all, but it's actually better designed than the offensive one.
2.1.- A thing that doesn't convince me in the defensive tree is the unyielding mastery, you use 2 masteries points to take -2 attack damage from auto atacks of champions, but that at late game is kinda pointless. Block is fortunately more mastery-rentable than Unyielding.
2.2.- Masteries like Reinforced armor and Perseverance are hard to judge. It's way too hard to calculate how effective they will be in average, because they both are too useful in game or maybe both of them may be useless.
2.2.1.- 10% damage blocked from critical strikes is in some sense a strong mastery. Prevents burst damage from ad carries, but kinda unsure if my judgement is right or not.
2.2.3.- Health regen is always helpful, but my nature is trying to not be low of health when lanning and recalling if I'm 20-30% hp and no potions in the slots. So I'm kinda sure that it's hard to use up to it's potential... perhaps it would been better if the health regen was flat?

3.- Utility Tree is harder to jugde rightly, because there is the feeling that it's mostly for junglers and supports (except for Wanderer mastery). But there are some masteries that are really questionable if to have or not ... something like:
3.1.- Pickpocket doesn't like to be a right mastery, mostly if you are mele ... "I'M TARIC AND I'M GONNA STUN YOU AND HIT YOU FOR ONLY +5 GOLD" kinda pointless if you think like that. For ranged champions it may be aceptable, but personally I do not like it at all.
3.2.- Explorer: the super ward of 1 minute duration. Is it really worth it? a minute is kinda pointless, it dissapears too early if you are used to wait 3 minutes to ward a next one. Maybe if the ward had less range and 90 seconds of duration would be interesting to have.

There could be an aternative to make the masteries upgrades more personal. If you increase the variety of the masteries you may use and don't make a only way to build the AD tree or the AP tree. Imagine, about 3 or 4 new different masteries that may add you or an aditional effect to your atacks, to your stats or just another way to get more AD/AP (stacks per hit, maybe or if in CC?) well, these ones are just a suggerence, but if you don't have space for new masteries, just add a scroll to each mastery tree to enlarge a little bit the amount of different masteries.

Well, this is just a kind of feedback that I would like to see in season 4, and there is still a lot of time to talk about that. I'm in no way more experienced than anyone here I know, but I'm absolutely sure that these masteries trees may be developed in something even better and fun. Masteries being somehow obvious for X or Y reasson is not so funny at all, at least for me =/

ZeroVanni

MagicBloodLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

bump, and this is why I hate forums lol

Pldl

01-04-2013

Season 3 hasn't technically started yet.

N0OBPWNr

01-04-2013

Is....isn't it a bit early for this? Things are bound to change the game from now tl the end of season 3

MagicBloodLine

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OBPWNr View Post
Is....isn't it a bit early for this? Things are bound to change the game from now tl the end of season 3
It's probably a way too early I know, but why not that early at giving feedback?

Parandrus1

08-05-2013

S2 Masteries felt like they made more of a difference than S3 masteries.
Masteries for S4 need to actually make me think about where I put mastery points. Personally it just seems like 21/9/0 for ad or ap 0/30/0 for tank (I cant say much for support, I'm a horrid support)