Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NatchÕz

10-18-2010

I want to hear other thoughts on swain, and i don't mean trolls saying he sucks and blah blah blah, lemme here some actual thoughts. Here are mine.

I believe he is some what balanced, accept for his ap ratios, his ult would be awesome if it focused more on hero's (like when being used near minions) and do a bit more damage, and with that i say i build him sorta hybrid, i go ad early and it eventually turns into more ap late games because its really not worth it to wait for those big ap items early since the ratios wont show much difference if your damage. my build as follows
Life steal scepter which eventually turns into hexteck blade, i get it first because it makes u lane insanely long even in 2v1, your passive already makes your mana regen awesome so u get life steal and u heal both all the time. and of course death bringers grasp, and for boots depending on the situation, boots of speed, or merc treds, or even ninja tabi. considering i build him masteries wise 9-21-0.

Now any thoughts? oh n btw this isn't some halfa$$ed noob posting this, i am an excellent swain

Dénny

10-18-2010

I thought swain would be a terrible champ based on "paper" because his nevermore, is a harder version of cho's rupture. And his laser bird was just a basic harass ability. And, his ult...looked like a bad nasus/sion ult.

However, in game, he worked out a lot better than i expected. So in short, he's bad on paper but decent in gameplay because of how they put the bird thing together.

Xyltin

10-18-2010

W8 till patch.

bardwooder

10-18-2010

Sawin's AP rations are pretty bad and overall he is not good enough to compete with other mages.

Nightdancer ND

10-18-2010

AP ratios are not bad, but it is damage over time => not much kills
I would find it cool, if the damage would be inflicted at the begining. (Q W E, only the extra damage on E at the end of the timer and then also at once)

NatchÕz

10-18-2010

Quote:
Nightdancer ND:
AP ratios are not bad, but it is damage over time => not much kills
I would find it cool, if the damage would be inflicted at the begining. (Q W E, only the extra damage on E at the end of the timer and then also at once)

his ap ratios are horrible at like 250+ ap his ult only does an extra 28-30 sum damage, his w skill is the only skill u see damage upfront, i think q needs to do more damage imo my auto attacks do more damage then Q when scaled with the 20% inc dmg from E. and yes i agree his ap ratios are bad but his dmg is mostly dots. and actually i like the fact that he does dmg over time it really good at killing enemies early game that thing they can live with the e + ignite combo.