Ryze Top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkham Reaper

09-19-2014

I've heard ryze top is solid. Any advice on how to play him effectively, like build and summoner spell. Also, if you could give a counter to ryze that be really sweet thz!

Duavey

09-20-2014

Go for some mana and armor. Archangel staff, Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, Void Staff, Sorc shoes. Armor item of choice, probably spirit visage for CD reduction.
I like ignite and flash.

Ryze loses to anyone who can range him.

Reptarrr

09-20-2014

Teleport/Flash is a must, no offense to the guy who posted above me. Ryze is like Nasus in the sense that they both will almost always automatically lose their lane matchup. Hard. The key is to safely farm up and keep yourself and your team focused on the late game. Again, just like Nasus, the later the game goes, the better it is for you and your team.

Your build should be all about scaling late, so Rod of the Ages, Archangel's Staff, Frozen Heart, etc. are the best bet on him.

As for counters, anyone who can significantly threaten Ryze in lane is best, though he doesn't have any straight up counters. He only has one CC ability though, the rest is damage based. Once he combo's you early, you're basically free to do whatever you want for a few seconds.

Hope this helps!

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2014

I don't really agree with parts of the other posts. Ryze top is very strong. Here's a good coaching video for Ryze top vs melee:
http://youtu.be/Bt8DY6xvsFM
(LastShadow's other ryze coaching videos are solid resources for learning him)

Mcbooze

09-20-2014

yea ryze top is pretty good atm simply b/c he does well against a lot of popular top lanes like riven, jax and renekton. and he can farm well under tower if pressed, and he's dangerous to push to tower b/c he complements ganks well w/ his W.

BiBoX2

09-21-2014

Ryze is not very strong early game, so you should take movement speed quints (and even the masteries), and watch out for ganks.

Mid game is usually when the AP (burster) is at high peak, but Ryze can not burst very well, he would not contribute much as the Assasins (unless fed).

Late game, Ryze is a monster with proper items. His damage scale with mana capacity, and such items are usually cheaper than AP and has defensive stats. Now Ryze can come straight to any enemy and throw tons of damage while being tanky as near full-tank !

To counter Ryze, usually 1 gang kill is enough (for top lane), he will be turtled until late game. If you out-range Ryze, you can be safe in laning phase, but then both can not carry - will depend on other lanes (and junglers) to snowball. Ryze can scale better with items than most of champs.