Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kushu

01-03-2013

inb4potato

CarnivalNights

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

You seriously need to explain why I Will Dominate is banned from the entire championship season just for being a jerk in solo queue while these guys completely cheated in a fully-sponsored tournament where money is the prize only get a two tournament suspension.

This is EXTREMELY inconsistent and I want an explanation.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanicide View Post
I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that they did it or the fact that they were able to get away with it in a tournament setting. -.-
Or how about the fact that they did it and lost anyways. That's hilariously embarrassing.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalNights View Post
This is EXTREMELY inconsistent and I want an explanation.
Best explanation I can offer is that IWD got his account(s) permanently banned from League of Legends.

CarnivalNights

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Best explanation I can offer is that IWD got his account(s) permanently banned from League of Legends.
He was banned for rules in regards to the general community and it affected his professional championship career, but these morons cheated on a professional level where money is on the table and basically got slapped on the wrist. RobertxLee even has a history of getting banned as well. The punishment is inconsistent.

Steam Store

01-03-2013

So why exactly do these guys only get kicked out of the IPL for 2013 where as IWillDominate is banned from all league events for a year just for being a jerk. I agree that IWillDominates behavior was totally uncalled for and he should in no way be above the law in avoiding a permaban on his account like anyone else. What I am curious of is the manner in which RIOT seems much more tolerant of players clearly cheating in a professional environment.

RIOT if a team is found clearly cheating in a professional event I really don't think the players should get off this easy. You were very lenient on AF for what they did and now you are repeating the process. If you continue to do this more and more teams will try to find ways to stack the deck in their favor.

Aiinna

01-04-2013

Lets see:

Cheat by ghosting in the world championship while denying anything happened (both riot and woong) then having the community point out how it happened results in: a cash bonus for the cheater

Cheat by ghosting, admitting to it results in: bans

Ok keep it up riot

ShadowKlown

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalNights View Post
He was banned for rules in regards to the general community and it affected his professional championship career, but these morons cheated on a professional level where money is on the table and basically got slapped on the wrist. RobertxLee even has a history of getting banned as well. The punishment is inconsistent.
I disagree with the first part of your statement but agree with the last part. They banned his accounts for his bahavior, sure but also specifically banned him from competing under a new account. Which is exactly what any other banned player does, makes a new account and continues to troll. Inconsistent indeed.

BeefChowMein

01-04-2013

I feel that Riot is always lenient with this sort of behaviour. Cheaters deserve to be be banned permanently from the professional scene or at least for one season

Yaznel101

01-04-2013

They honestly asked for it. I'm actually not too surprised riot acted in this manner. Especially after the IWDominate ban.