Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

katerichoka

01-04-2013

It's ok that you punished them .. but in my personal opinion this is waaay too much. Have in mind those 5 ppl are professional players and basically RIOT restricts them from most of the events for 1 - 1.5 years ahead. This will effect in possible retirement of the game for the 5 of them.. Afterall RIOT has put the 3 minute delay of the spectators just to prevent ghosting...

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerichoka View Post
Have in mind those 5 ppl are professional players

I stopped reading.

They WERE professional players but they CHEATED. That is NOT professional behavior.

They're lucky I'm not running the discipline. They'd never play again as far as I am concerned.

Slyspider

01-04-2013

Azubu frost cheats at the final and gets a fine, these guys ghost and come clean and they are banned. LOGICCCCCCCCCCC

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyspider View Post
Azubu frost cheats at the final and gets a fine, these guys ghost and come clean and they are banned. LOGICCCCCCCCCCC

I need to put in a resume to work at Riot. This behavior would NOT be tolerated.

Nekrophyle

01-04-2013

AL ghosts in an online event... losing. Effective season ban.

AzF screen peeks (live action ghosting) in a highly publicized filmed setting... and is fined a relatively small portion of the money they won just from the stage they cheated in.

Justice.

EDIT: I am by no means saying they shouldn't have been banned, just saying AzF should have as well.

DreadPirateLynx

01-04-2013

Can't believe all the people that feel that this was a just punishment. Professional players should be held to the highest possible standard, and cheating should be severely punished. Yes, DQing them from the next two qualifiers will hamper their efforts this season, but if they still have an opportunity to come back later in the season (which is my understanding), this amounts to little more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe they do deserve a second chance, but that doesn't mean that chance should be given this season.

AneTheDust

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Anyone else just going to ignore the fact that it is Riot's own fault for once again poorly organizing another tournament?

I mean really your Esports department can't solve the online/streaming issue at all? You have all these former "pro gamers" from all these competitive events and yet the big elephant in the room is that while you punish all these players the bigger and more important issue is that you can't solve something as simple as ghosting or create some solution to stop online cheating?

I mean this is what, the fourth time I've seen this happen at least? Get your department's **** together because either you just start doing events in a live setting only because you currently can't solve this elephant of a problem. OR, you actually start thinking outside the box and implement something else because this reactive punishment for something that in the bigger scope is Riot's fault for poor management.
same thought

OMG Its Wellz

01-05-2013

well, they could have at least had someone with some sense of the game...

HomeOhCow

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato75 View Post
I found it so funny that:
1.AL lost
2.No similar action was taken against AF
they won the first game due to this "cheating"
but they lost the other 2 coz the spectator slot was closed to the public the 2nd and 3rd game

AlexanderRaven

01-06-2013

Good sportsmanship like disqualifying Phantomlords team cuz one of the members had to rush to the hospital to check on their parents ? Was that the good sportsmanship you talking about "bitingpig".
Amazing .