Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyGeth View Post
They are essentially barred from playing this season anyway, pretty much no team in their right minds would pick them up because there is so much controversy.

What I was disputing was the mindset that they deserved to be PERMANENTLY banned.

Then I can agree with that. I don't think they deserve a perma ban on their main accounts. What they did was not against any "game rules" but rather against the MLG rules of not cheating. They should be banned from competing in S3 professionally IMO.

AneTheDust

01-04-2013

Sup RIOT now one of the best top laners is out from s3 such an idiotic move ! did they lose? yes with cheat or without one they lose eventually this is the most idiotic thing that you EVER MADE SINCE THE S2 DAY2

Vencu

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AneTheDust View Post
Sup RIOT now one of the best top laners is out from s3 such an idiotic move ! did they lose? yes with cheat or without one they lose eventually this is the most idiotic thing that you EVER MADE SINCE THE S2 DAY2
so they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions just because they lost? lol

Antholagnia

01-04-2013

I've never cheated in an online game. I'm not sure why anybody would. What a hollow victory that would be. I know money is involved, but, if it was me, I'd feel like a ****** every time I spent it.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

I think the problem here is mindset.

Some people seem to think they have a right to another chance.

I believe they don't have any rights to anything. Riot does not have to let them play.

The entitlement mindset is killing off productivity and progression.

IConstantlyPoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Wow ok, I dont think this is really fair. Azubu cheated, in a live tournament, streamed for millions, in a tourney with 2Mil prize pool, and all they got was money fine?, Riot, playing the game is more important to these people, and clearly Frost's behaviour is much worse than this, LIVE GHOSTING INFRONT OF PEOPLE. AND THEY DONT GET BANNED? This is outrageous. Atleast let these boys keep playing, most of them have not even done anything bad ever.

Tenmar

01-04-2013

Anyone else just going to ignore the fact that it is Riot's own fault for once again poorly organizing another tournament?

I mean really your Esports department can't solve the online/streaming issue at all? You have all these former "pro gamers" from all these competitive events and yet the big elephant in the room is that while you punish all these players the bigger and more important issue is that you can't solve something as simple as ghosting or create some solution to stop online cheating?

I mean this is what, the fourth time I've seen this happen at least? Get your department's **** together because either you just start doing events in a live setting only because you currently can't solve this elephant of a problem. OR, you actually start thinking outside the box and implement something else because this reactive punishment for something that in the bigger scope is Riot's fault for poor management.

IConstantlyPoo

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Anyone else just going to ignore the fact that it is Riot's own fault for once again poorly organizing another tournament?

I mean really your Esports department can't solve the online/streaming issue at all? You have all these former "pro gamers" from all these competitive events and yet the big elephant in the room is that while you punish all these players the bigger and more important issue is that you can't solve something as simple as ghosting or create some solution to stop online cheating?

I mean this is what, the fourth time I've seen this happen at least? Get your department's **** together because either you just start doing events in a live setting only because you currently can't solve this elephant of a problem. OR, you actually start thinking outside the box and implement something else because this reactive punishment for something that in the bigger scope is Riot's fault for poor management.
I agree if Riot wants to be involved with tournaments, they should get their ****ing **** sorted.

xAltairis

01-04-2013

I'm stupid, but where do we watch these tournaments?

HM2

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAltairisBlade View Post
I'm stupid, but where do we watch these tournaments?

First, you log onto skype...