Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sego Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Good you actually did something this time.

DerpyGeth

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UODK View Post
As said before, since it was a sanctioned game, and apparently there was a "judge" on their skype to make sure "this" type of stuff didn't happen. As it was... it did happen.

My guess is.. they cheated... either A) realized after that their was a judge that could see the skype messenger and tried to do everything to make up for it to make it look better for themselves .. or B) were told to stop that by the judge, then the evidence was submitted to Riot who took further action in the DQ.

Either way they realized they got caught way before it went public.. everything else they did after that game.. like disabling it the next game, issuing a statement... it's all damage control.
That's just your view, there's no way to know what was going through there minds.

Either way, the decision was ultimately up to Riot.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyGeth View Post
That's just your view, there's no way to know what was going through there minds.

You are trying to defend an indefensible position. They cheated, and knew they were cheating.

This is not a gray issue. This is a black and white issue in spectacular fashion.

HM2

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLDozer View Post
If it happens in the NBA, a referee gets fired.

Nothing more.
You forgot that 15 months in prison...

DerpyGeth

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2 View Post
You are trying to defend an indefensible position. They cheated, and knew they were cheating.

This is not a gray issue. This is a black and white issue in spectacular fashion.
I'm not trying to defend their cheating. I hate that they resorted to such terrible measures in order to win one game. What I'm defending is Riot's punishment of this action. Instead of going the "BAN THEM FOREVER" route that you have, they considered everything that happened in order to come up with a solution they deemed appropriate. With them being DQ'd from qualifiers - and in effect the entire season- this gives them a chance to come back and PROVE that they are better than that. Will their reputation be marred by this incident? Absolutely. As it should. But in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of Riot, they should at least be given a second chance.

Kneon

01-04-2013

thanks Riot for being about fair play and not just talking about it. so sad it seems this has turned into League of Cheaters real quick.

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:

You forget.. these guys are stupid people. The types of people that are pro players are smart, atleast with electronics and computers. Their is no way they did not realize after their mistake that it would be found out. Don't forget the caliber of people you are giving the benefit of the doubt.. at their level they arent "just playing a game"... they are calculating damages, they know how much of an advantage each CS and level gives over each type of opponent. These are intelligent people... they knew...

Best LeeSinga NA

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanicide View Post
AF was fined for tens of thousands of dollars iirc.
out of a few hundred thousand

ill take that over no chance in s3

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:
I'm not trying to defend their cheating. I hate that they resorted to such terrible measures in order to win one game. What I'm defending is Riot's punishment of this action. Instead of going the "BAN THEM FOREVER" route that you have, they considered everything that happened in order to come up with a solution they deemed appropriate. With them being DQ'd from qualifiers - and in effect the entire season- this gives them a chance to come back and PROVE that they are better than that. Will their reputation be marred by this incident? Absolutely. As it should. But in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of Riot, they should at least be given a second chance.

Why do they deserve another chance this season?? I don't think their accounts should be banned for this, they can still play the game... but.. they should be DQ from season 3 pro league. If you set the precedent that cheating only has a SMALL consequence.. people start to weigh "well we dont really have a good shot if we don't cheat... and if we DO get caught.. we still get another chance anyways."

Cheating should be one of those things that's black and white.

DerpyGeth

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UODK View Post
Why do they deserve another chance this season?? I don't think their accounts should be banned for this, they can still play the game... but.. they should be DQ from season 3 pro league. If you set the precedent that cheating only has a SMALL consequence.. people start to weigh "well we dont really have a good shot if we don't cheat... and if we DO get caught.. we still get another chance anyways."

Cheating should be one of those things that's black and white.
They are essentially barred from playing this season anyway, pretty much no team in their right minds would pick them up because there is so much controversy.

What I was disputing was the mindset that they deserved to be PERMANENTLY banned.