Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

They should be permanently banned. I'm not sure why Riot went so lightly on them.

Asylum Lux

01-04-2013

but zekent is so nice

i was going to have children with him

DerpyGeth

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2 View Post
They should be permanently banned. I'm not sure why Riot went so lightly on them.
I believe Riot took into consideration that they have stated they felt awful about it after they won the first game, so they removed the spectator option for the second and third games. This shows that they know what they did was wrong, and that they will more than likely never make that mistake again.

TehChaotic

01-04-2013

wtf why would robert do this -.-

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyGeth View Post
I believe Riot took into consideration that they have stated they felt awful about it after they won the first game, so they removed the spectator option for the second and third games. This shows that they know what they did was wrong, and that they will more than likely never make that mistake again.

Honesty is expected, not rewarded.

DerpyGeth

01-04-2013

Quote:
Honesty is expected, not rewarded.
That is true. But remember that Riot is a company that believes in second chances- look at how many punishes in the Tribunal it takes for someone to be perma-banned, and even then a Rioter always has the final say. If Riot felt like these guys would never learn from their mistake, then they probably WOULD have banned them. But they feel like this is a chance for them to learn from their mistake.

HM2

01-04-2013

Quote:
That is true. But remember that Riot is a company that believes in second chances- look at how many punishes in the Tribunal it takes for someone to be perma-banned, and even then a Rioter always has the final say. If Riot felt like these guys would never learn from their mistake, then they probably WOULD have banned them. But they feel like this is a chance for them to learn from their mistake.

A hard line should have been drawn. For Riot to basically give them a pass is a disservice to ALL Riot players.

Riot needs someone with enough balls to make the tough decisions.

HM2

01-04-2013

Furthermore, if esports want to become main stream, this simply can not happen.

What happens when a cheating scandal happens in the real professional sports? Serious consequences are enforced.

Their punishment is a joke.

LOLDozer

01-04-2013

Quote:
Furthermore, if esports want to become main stream, this simply can not happen.

What happens when a cheating scandal happens in the real professional sports? Serious consequences are enforced.

Their punishment is a joke.
If it happens in the NBA, a referee gets fired.

Nothing more.

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:
As said before, since it was a sanctioned game, and apparently there was a "judge" on their skype to make sure "this" type of stuff didn't happen. As it was... it did happen.

My guess is.. they cheated... either A) realized after that their was a judge that could see the skype messenger and tried to do everything to make up for it to make it look better for themselves .. or B) were told to stop that by the judge, then the evidence was submitted to Riot who took further action in the DQ.

Either way they realized they got caught way before it went public.. everything else they did after that game.. like disabling it the next game, issuing a statement... it's all damage control.