Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tonitrui

01-04-2013

This is why Riot will succeed as a E Sport. They investigate these types of issues and actually lay down fair punishments. Love it.

Xancat

01-04-2013

People get banned, get made fun of. :3 What a community riot. How's tribunal working for you? Scumbag riot >_> <3 ;_; =)

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanicide View Post
I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that they did it or the fact that they were able to get away with it in a tournament setting. -.-

how exactly did they get away with it?

Tonitrui

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
how exactly did they get away with it?
The game would pause, and they would get info from a person spectating over skype. Remember, these are online, not onsite tournaments, so the setting is completely different.

IAmMrScarecrow

01-04-2013

I would say permaban them..
i guess i wouldnt be a great god

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Awesome, now next time a "All girls competitive team" thread pops up, I can be like "I remember the last time I read about a female involved at the competitive scene..."

UODK

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispira View Post
i thought there was a 3 minute delay to kinda prevent something like this, but i guess the information could be relevent somehow.

There is but that's what the pause was for...

So lets say live game is @ 20:00 mins... and a pause happens...

The spectator is now @ 17:00 and since shes on skype she knows the game paused @ 20:00 and is still on pause.

The pause doesn't stop the game.. so if the game is on pause for 3 mins... the game is now @ 23:00 and the spectator mode is @ 20 mins.. which is where the pause happened... so now the game is at a stand still on both screens(live @ 23:00 and spectator @ 20:00) and the players are at the same spots on both screen...

She then tells them where everything is.. and they unpause the game.

Edit: to be clear... I know the "game" timer does not move while the game is paused. However the logistics of how the 3 mins delay works is that it shows you what the live game has exactly 3 mins previous... which includes the pause time. So in my scenario above... @ the 23 min mark the live game has been on pause for 3 mins... the live screen will show "Pause time remaining: 27:00" and the 3 min delay spectator mode will just be getting to "Pause time: 30:00" and since no one has moved during that pause period... both screen will show the players in the same exact spots.. the only difference is live will show "Pause time remaining: 27:00" and the 3 min delay will show "Pause time remaining: 30:00" and there is your "3 min delay" that is supposed to stop ghosting.

Mxie

01-04-2013

Someone mentioned this on Reddit, and I'm now really curious if Riot will implement it, in light of this:

Is it possible to have the spectator client pause as soon as the actual game is paused? As in, the spectator pause is 3 minutes behind, and doesn't start until the game is unpaused (and passes over the paused section like it didn't exist).

Lady Mai

01-04-2013

Our beloved little SpamHappy? Seriously? Money corrupts all...

ZeeRow

01-04-2013

No ban for blatent cheating yet tribunal churns out bans for telling bad players their bad etc.

God that is just so backwards...