CS tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntangibleOne

01-03-2013

Hi everyone. I just wanted some tips on how to cs better. I've noticed that im not great at cs, (although i somehow manage to get more than anyone in the game more often than not, depending on the team comps and what i play). No one else at level 24 is very good either. What should my goal every game be, excluding jungler and support. Im sure this will help lots of newbies too. Thanks in advance

MileHighJew

01-03-2013

Last hit.

MileHighJew

01-03-2013

To expand on last hit. Veigar's Q gives him extra AP for each minion he kills with Q. You can practice that with bots to learn how to last hit.

KingClement

01-03-2013

Learn how to last hit well, trade at the right time, don't burn mana at lvl 1.

BigWenus

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
To expand on last hit. Veigar's Q gives him extra AP for each minion he kills with Q. You can practice that with bots to learn how to last hit.
Uhhh that's not going to help you at all LOL, unless OP plays veigar.

Fate000

01-03-2013

Basically you need practice. Play a beginner bot game with a champion that you main and try to not attack minions at all except to deal the last hit (hitting 's' will stop your autoattacks). Try again and again until you can lasthit 80-90% of minions in a wave without exception. You can try to do a custom game too against one other player so you don't have to deal with harassment from your enemies.

Then you can try that in PvP...

arbi

01-03-2013

Improve cs buy adding damage to your basic attack through runes or if you are an ap caster by getting ap runes and using a low mana cost spell to attack creeps.

IntangibleOne

01-03-2013

I know about last hitting, but should I only last hit? Or should i both last hit and auto attack the minions without killing them.

Cloudpost

01-03-2013

Depends on whether you want to push the lane or not. Generally in the early game you only want to last hit, because pushing opens you up to ganks from the enemy jungler without accomplishing much else. Its hard to push a tower that early, the enemy can match your autoattacks right outside their tower to keep the minions from getting there while giving themselves better positioning.

MileHighJew

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWenus View Post
Uhhh that's not going to help you at all LOL, unless OP plays veigar.
I guess you are right. Practicing Last hit with someone who depends on it, won't help you with last hit on any other champ. Are you serious?