Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Arkan, the hexplosive archer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkHaitsu

01-03-2013

Arkan, the hexplosive archer

Attributes Carry, Ranged

HEALTH 456 (+82)-------------------------ATTACK DAMAGE 44.5 (+4)
HEALTH REGEN. 4.9 (+0.65)-------ATTACK SPEED 0.660 (+3.02%)
MANA 324 (+32)-------------------------ARMOR 16 (+3)
MANA REGEN. 6.80 (+0.60)-------------MAGIC RES. 30
RANGE 560---------------------------------MOV. SPEED 330

PASSIVE - Hexplosives tips
Arkan's arrows tips are explosives, each basic attack applies a mark on the target, after 2 seconds, the mark detonates, dealing 30/90/150 (+30% of attack damage) physical damage. If another basic attack is made before the mark triggers, the damage is increased by 5/30/60 (+20% of attack damage) physical damage for each basic attack and the 2 seconds refreshes. The passive levels up at 1/7/13.

Q - Swift shots RANGE: 600 COOLDOWN: 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 COST: 65 Mana
ACTIVE : Arkan's fire 3 arrows at the target enemy rapidly, dealing physical damage and applying his passive for each shot. PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 (+30% Attack Damage) each shot.

W - Bouncing explosion COOLDOWN: 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 COST : 50 Mana
ACTIVE : Arkan's next basic attack bounce at 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 nearby enemies, dealing physical damage and applying his passive, each bounce deal 5% less damage PHYSICAL DAMAGE : 10 / 30 / 50 / 60 / 70 (+50% Attack Damage)

E - Ring of chaos RANGE : 700 COOLDOWN : 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 COST : 80 Mana
ACTIVE : Arkan fire a ring of arrows, dealing low physical damage upon landing, after 2 seconds, the ring explodes, dealing physical damage again. PHYSICAL DAMAGE UPON LANDING : 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 70 (+10% Attack Damage) PHYSICAL DAMAGE UPON EXPLOSION : 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 100 (+60% Attack Damage)

R - Death's Boom RANGE : 1300 COOLDOWN : 100 / 90 / 80 COST : 120 Mana
ACTIVE : Arkan fire many rings of arrows around him, dealing physical damage upon landing and slowing enemies by 10/20/30 % for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, the arrows explodes, dealing physical damage again. Enemies below 33% health receive double damage
PHYSICAL DAMAGE UPON LANDING : 50 / 70 / 90 (+20% Attack Damage) PHYSICAL DAMAGE UPON EXPLOSION : 230 / 250 / 280 (+80% Attack Damage)

When playing as Arkan :
-Swift Shots can be usefull for harrasing and farming in low levels
-Bouncing explosion doesn't priorize champions, so aim carefully
-Death's Boom must be saved for big teamfights or kill secures

When playing against Arkan
-Bouncing explosion can be dodged by staying behind many minions
-Avoid to engage Arkan on low health or when hexplosive tips is stacked, the 2 seconds refreshes each time he add a stack.
-Death's boom can be dodged with flash or ghost, but have a great range.

Quotes :
Upon selection :
Exploded face, check

Movement :
On my way
Let's boom this place
I shall explode their minds

Attacking :
Boom !
Let's boom their minds
3...2..1..BOOM !!
Bimbadaboom !

Joke : Guess what ? I created the big bang...

Taunt : All of my opponents are now mentally retarded....because i blown their minds...hehehe.

Notes : Arkan's lore must be made, give me ideas please
Splash art would be appreciated

Deleven

01-03-2013

your passive is a little too long, i would change it to be similar to this. note that the values i chose are arbitrary and probably aren't balanced

Quote:
Arkan's arrows tips are explosives, each basic attack applies a mark on the target, after 2 seconds, the mark detonates, dealing 30/90/150 (+30% of attack damage) physical damage. If another basic attack is made before the mark triggers, the damage is increased by 5/30/60 physical damage for each basic attack and the 2 seconds refreshes. The passive levels up at 1/7/13

or doing it like this

Quote:

Arkan's arrows tips are explosives, each basic attack applies a mark on the target, after 2 seconds, the mark detonates, dealing 15(+15*level) (+30% of attack damage) physical damage. If another basic attack is made before the mark triggers, the damage is increased by (+5*level) physical damage for each basic attack and the 2 seconds refreshes.

these are a little nicer because it is easier to remember how the skill gets stronger rather than having a random scaling for each level.

MiltonGotLucKY

01-03-2013

Way Way Way too strong. his passive needs to be altered drastically, not that i don't like the idea but the harassment would be too strong especially at late levels when teams face off and hes poking at people. Also I feel like his q is very strong especially early and for the first lane fight bot. I'm assuming he'd be played as an ADC and he has the kit to do that. I mean with his W he can push like crazy, his E can be used as more harass in lane to do TONS OF DAMAGE. maybe iI'm reading it wrong but still I think he's way too strong

DarkHaitsu

01-03-2013

-Passive nerfed to +15 damage per level and +5 damage per level
-Swift shots damage nerfed to be less powerfull early game
-Bouncing explosion damage nerfed a bit and deal 5% less damage each bounce

Thanks for the feedback !

DarkHaitsu

01-03-2013

Bumping for feedback

DarkHaitsu

01-03-2013

-Nerfed ult, now deals double damage only when below 33% health instead of 50%
-Added few quotes
-fixed orthograph

DarkHaitsu

01-03-2013

-Changed passive again to suit levels, becoming more powerfull early game and not too much late game.

Dzanio

02-01-2013

Passive: too much damage, needs a long cd.

Q: cd too low, damage much too high w/ passive.

W: I guess this is sivir's w but with a lot more damage output.

E: As a general note your scalings should be based off bonus AD not total AD; that's basically what the base damage value is to make up for.

R: Having a hard time picturing this; is it a cone shaped version of spray and pray?