Should Riot bring back Ionic Spark?

Yes! 67 67.68%
No! 32 32.32%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Bring back Ionic Spark

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

01-03-2013

Riot's reason for removing Ionic Spark was: It is nearly always a poor item choice especially when compared with witt's end and Statikk Shiv replaced it.

Here are my reasons why this is no longer valid:

1)Volibear, Irelia, Warwick, Teemo, Kayle, Shen

2)Yes witt's end is often better but you can buy both.

3)The prevalence of AD casters mid means occasionally you find yourself verse teams with little to no AP damage - having the option to choose ionic spark over witt's end in these cases would be nice.

4)Mitigation stats got nerfed pretty hard with S3 changes making health more attractive.

5)While Statikk Shiv is an okay option for carries it isn't for bruisers, let Ionic Spark be the Statikk Shiv for bruisers.

6)Statikk Shiv + Ionic just sounds fun.

Crowcide

01-03-2013

bump

Felaedor

01-03-2013

Ionic will NEVER be brought back with Hurricane in game.

Zorasama

01-03-2013

^
why don't we make it melee only?

NotBuzzJack

01-03-2013

Volibear, Irelia, and Warwick can just get Tiamat if they want wave clear power.
Shen's split pushing power is one of the main reasons he's permabanned.
Hurricane is 10 times better than spark on Teemo.
Kayle actually likes Statikk Shiv.

And polls don't dictate balance.

Crowcide

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Volibear, Irelia, and Warwick can just get Tiamat if they want wave clear power.
Shen's split pushing power is one of the main reasons he's permabanned.
Hurricane is 10 times better than spark on Teemo.
Kayle actually likes Statikk Shiv.

And polls don't dictate balance.
Volibear Irelia and WW care much more about the AS+Tanky stats+single target damage than they do the AOE

Imperviable

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post

1)Volibear, Irelia, Warwick, Teemo, Kayle, Shen
Ok, I guess. All of these champions can build wit's anyways. I liked having it for shen jungle but now the jungle is more single target oriented so it doesn't really matter anyways.

Quote:
2)Yes witt's end is often better but you can buy both.
Takes two item slots when wit's end is enough damage and you need to start building tank by then.

Quote:
3)The prevalence of AD casters mid means occasionally you find yourself verse teams with little to no AP damage - having the option to choose ionic spark over witt's end in these cases would be nice.
Maybe. But it still probably wouldn't happen since ionic pushes lane while wit's end is simply a better item.

Quote:
4)Mitigation stats got nerfed pretty hard with S3 changes making health more attractive.
The amount of MR from Wit's End is still worth more than the health from Ionic. Unless you're hitting diminishing returns super hard. But in that case you just built wrong after Wit's.

Quote:
5)While Statikk Shiv is an okay option for carries it isn't for bruisers, let Ionic Spark be the Statikk Shiv for bruisers.
As addressed above, there is no reason to build either item with Wit's end in the game.

Quote:
6)Statikk Shiv + Ionic just sounds fun.
Ok.

CG Jedisock

01-03-2013

Ionic has a wider champion pool. The reason Spark was removed was because its lack of use, pretty much being a Shen only item, with some Irelia. Shiv has a much wider champion pool and use, and its already considered core on a good amount of people. (Its insane on GP)

That tasted poro

01-03-2013

Quote:
how you gona effectivly deal ap damage when
1) you got no mrp

2) as ad caster, sometimes your aspd is low

3) the item for ad caster is so good right now ,even you find yourself a 500 armor malphite you still kill him if chance are given

4) not much people getting it when it still in the shop, people getting it mostly manbear or irelia.

5)ad caster benifit for more from AD then aspd and extra magic damage, aspd benifit for range it because they usually got more crit and they mostly auto attacking.

SonsofaBastages

01-03-2013

I really miss spark. Too many times I'm looking for the stats that where on spark and realize that I need 3 big items to cover all the bases... This is especially true for Irelia.

If Spark is left off SR for whatever reason I wouldn't mind too much - it was a dominion only item originally. As for the hurricane situation... yeah make an exception for the counter on spark with the fake autos. (Hurricane really needs to be reworked anyway)

TLDR: Bring back Spark