How to fix lag spikes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravace

01-02-2013

At times in season 3 I got lag spikes a few times during ranked games...but today I've never, ever experience such a bad lag spike before. I was playing ranked today and I got lag spikes like every 30 seconds, I couldn't farm do anything. Also, when I join team fights I get the random lag spikes again and I don't know where I'm going and I die...

Someone, anyone, please teach me how to fix this lag spikes- a few other people from LoL and some of my friends have been experiencing this random lag spike problem. I've started getting random lag spikes since early-late November or so but they were just small ones which happened occasionally around 1-2 times a match, however the amount of spikes I experienced today was just ridiculous. Sorry for the long post but I think its time for Riot to really look into this issue because it's getting outrageous.

Ravace

01-02-2013

My elo is dropping so fast because of this...Please someone help me out!

Thanks in advance!

justdweezil

01-06-2013

I'd love a fix for this as well... I'm having the exact same issue. Every 15 - 30 seconds, I get a solid lag spike of one to two seconds. It's enough to get you killed in a reasonably competitive match. I've verified that it's not my computer or even my connection. My neighbor's computer (on his connection) has the exact same issue.

My ISP is 100% solid on all other games. I have extremely fast download speeds with a consistent 0% packet loss. I'd love to know what's up with this - I can't play until it's fixed.

Thanks

Quaxi

08-02-2013

same here, and it only started when i installed the new patch.

Blackthepwner

02-03-2014

Try running the launcher in windows xp service pack 2 compatibility mode.