Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to fix lag spikes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanDyx

01-02-2013

At times in season 3 I got lag spikes a few times during ranked games...but today I've never, ever experience such a bad lag spike before. I was playing ranked today and I got lag spikes like every 30 seconds, I couldn't farm do anything. Also, when I join team fights I get the random lag spikes again and I don't know where I'm going and I die...

Someone, anyone, please teach me how to fix this lag spikes- a few other people from LoL and some of my friends have been experiencing this random lag spike problem. I've started getting random lag spikes since early-late November or so but they were just small ones which happened occasionally around 1-2 times a match, however the amount of spikes I experienced today was just ridiculous. Sorry for the long post but I think its time for Riot to really look into this issue because it's getting outrageous.

DanDyx

01-02-2013

My elo is dropping so fast because of this...Please someone help me out!

Thanks in advance!

justdweezil

01-06-2013

I'd love a fix for this as well... I'm having the exact same issue. Every 15 - 30 seconds, I get a solid lag spike of one to two seconds. It's enough to get you killed in a reasonably competitive match. I've verified that it's not my computer or even my connection. My neighbor's computer (on his connection) has the exact same issue.

My ISP is 100% solid on all other games. I have extremely fast download speeds with a consistent 0% packet loss. I'd love to know what's up with this - I can't play until it's fixed.

Thanks

Quaxi

08-02-2013

same here, and it only started when i installed the new patch.

Blackthepwner

02-03-2014

Try running the launcher in windows xp service pack 2 compatibility mode.