Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zileans ult needs to be nurfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThunderHeartt

10-17-2010

i have played zilean and against him. his ult is op. its duration of his ult needs to be nurfed and make it to where rewind dosent reduce its cd time. zileans ruin games cause their ult lasts way too long

Maerlyn

10-17-2010

haha i would say that while rewind is allowed to reduce CD on it, his ult might be a little OP i played as zil and just spammed rewind to get my Ult ready for the next team fight. The mana costs for spamming rewind are negligible. it would be alright it just shouldnt affect his ult, or make its already long CD longer if rewind can affect it.

Valkenr

10-17-2010

It doesn't need an increase on cool down, just for rewind to not work on it.

Everyone defends him by saying "it's his only damage" but that doesn't mean he needs damage, his abilities suggest support/harassment. And a revive better than GA should never come with a nuke. Time bomb is one of those abilities that hurts alot when he's level 9(assuming he gets rank 5) but levels off later.

Faelaren

10-17-2010

rewind cd on ult applies once at ult rank 1 twice at rank 2 and thrice at rank 3

Madagan

10-18-2010

Really? Am I reading this right? Are you being serious?

Of all the champions in the game you are complaining about ZILEAN? His ultimate got nerfed in three ways already -
1. The cooldown at ALL levels is now 180 seconds. Thats 3 whole minutes. If it wasn't reduced by rewind he would be useless.
2. His ultimate lasts 13 seconds instead of 15 seconds. Ill give you a hint: KILL THE PERSON WITH HIS ULTIMATE. Team fights these days dont last 13 seconds with all of the aoe damage, so if you kill the person they are out of the fight for 2-3 seconds and have less than full health, just kill them again. Leaving them alive for that long just lets them kill you more.
3. His ultimate has become *ALOT* more visable, so even if leaving them alive was more beneficial (see point 2) you can see who they are much easier and can avoid them.

Before these nerfs he wasn't considered OP, and after them he sure as hell still isn't.

Pokechan

10-18-2010

Also, that's one of the 3 things total that he can do. Bomb which is delayed damage, speed up/slow down, and a better guardians angel.

novicez

10-18-2010

solution to this? Silence/Stun then unload all the damage to him. no chance will he be able to cast chronoshift.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

10-18-2010

Quote:
Madagan:
Really? Am I reading this right? Are you being serious?

Of all the champions in the game you are complaining about ZILEAN? His ultimate got nerfed in three ways already -
1. The cooldown at ALL levels is now 180 seconds. Thats 3 whole minutes. If it wasn't reduced by rewind he would be useless.
2. His ultimate lasts 13 seconds instead of 15 seconds. Ill give you a hint: KILL THE PERSON WITH HIS ULTIMATE. Team fights these days dont last 13 seconds with all of the aoe damage, so if you kill the person they are out of the fight for 2-3 seconds and have less than full health, just kill them again. Leaving them alive for that long just lets them kill you more.
3. His ultimate has become *ALOT* more visable, so even if leaving them alive was more beneficial (see point 2) you can see who they are much easier and can avoid them.

Before these nerfs he wasn't considered OP, and after them he sure as hell still isn't.

He makes those 'others' OP heroes more OP. So, you thought you killed Anivia? Too bad, she had an egg........oh, ou killed egg? Too bad, she was ulted. You focused that MF? Too bad, she was ulted.

Nikunikudonburi

10-18-2010

... Would you call Guardian Angel OP?

Man, of all the things to see... Zilean's ulti is OP...

Dinlek

10-18-2010

Quote:
Projected:
He makes those 'others' OP heroes more OP. So, you thought you killed Anivia? Too bad, she had an egg........oh, ou killed egg? Too bad, she was ulted. You focused that MF? Too bad, she was ulted.

i no it suks that champs stop u from getting kills. this 1 time i was killing this purple guy in the forest and suddenly BAM purple shield and ninja guy jumps out of his mouth and i was like eww gross and then i died. nerf shen.

This game revolves around teamwork. You force Zilean to use his ult on himself, or you ignore him and faceroll your skills at their carry and get bitten in the ass when they come back up with 75% health with your crowd control down. Unfortunate, that an ability forces a team to use tactics like baiting abilities instead of merely CC/Nukeing everything into oblivion.