Nasus runes/masteries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

10-17-2010

I'm still a relative noob to Nasus, but I played him during free week and became hooked on his sexy voice and delicious siphoning strike hits.

My question is, what should you be using for runes/masteries? I was doing 0/21/9 and MPen/mp5/CDR/flat health but that's probably wrong.

Suggestions?

Grand Treason

10-17-2010

Check out Hyfe's guide., or something similar to that name.

Plays a pretty sweet Nasus, or so I heard.

Thrift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTherapy View Post
Check out Hyfe's guide., or something similar to that name.

Plays a pretty sweet Nasus, or so I heard.
Here is link - http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...petitive+Nasus

PatrickStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

0-21-9 always. You can even try 0-22-8 if you don't need extra MP5 or extended buff duration.
Cleanse/Ghost when your team knows what they're doing, or you can try exhaust/ghost if team doesn't have any blinds. But stick with Cleanse.

9x red Arpen, 9x yellow MP5 (per level), 9x blue MP5 (per level), MR (per level), or CDR (I go with MP5 so my laning phase is even stronger, it drastically helps in 2v1 and allows you to start with Sapphire crystal instead of Meki, which means faster Sheen). For quints, I prefer flat HP.

kyoukitenshi

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
0-21-9 always. You can even try 0-22-8 if you don't need extra MP5 or extended buff duration.
Cleanse/Ghost when your team knows what they're doing, or you can try exhaust/ghost if team doesn't have any blinds. But stick with Cleanse.

9x red Arpen, 9x yellow MP5 (per level), 9x blue MP5 (per level), MR (per level), or CDR (I go with MP5 so my laning phase is even stronger, it drastically helps in 2v1 and allows you to start with Sapphire crystal instead of Meki, which means faster Sheen). For quints, I prefer flat HP.
Alright, thanks. I was starting with a Doran's Ring/pot, but Sapphire makes sense. as do blue MP5's. Why per level? It seems that nasus has more of an early game mana problem than a later level problem.

Barumel

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
Alright, thanks. I was starting with a Doran's Ring/pot, but Sapphire makes sense. as do blue MP5's. Why per level? It seems that nasus has more of an early game mana problem than a later level problem.
He does have a huge mana prob early game. But, trust me when I say, his late game doesn't improve his mana situation.

Benpasko

10-17-2010

Read the leaguecraft guide that got linked. Now. It's the key to being an awesome Nasus.

kyoukitenshi

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barumel View Post
He does have a huge mana prob early game. But, trust me when I say, his late game doesn't improve his mana situation.
Being able to take golem out in like 3 hits does, though.

post dusk

10-17-2010

0/9/21 taking neutral buff, manna and health regen, exp, teleport and ghost masteries.

armour pen reds, manna per 5 yellows, CDR per level blues

i usually start doran's sheild, and get challace earlyish- if there are junglers. otherwise i take blue after 6 with an ult. should be fairly easy.

nasus spirit fire can clear out a turret in danger... and teleporting to either a ward in another lane, or to a turret in danger of being overwhelmed make teleport a must have for me on nasus.
you can build him alot of different ways TBH... but you definently want armour pen, nor magic pen, unless you are building a very strange, and imo suboptimal AP nasus.

PatrickStar

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
Doran's is not needed as a starter for Nasus. Your Q with Spirit Fire should heal you tons. I believe MP5 runes break even at level 5, which means flat runes only had the advantage for the previous four levels. Also, the blue and yellow MP5 runes will allow you to completely skip Chalice, allowing you to get that early Trinity or GA or any other tank items. Make sure you prioritize getting TF last, if an even game should occur.