Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tank teams are complete Bul****.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thulfir

10-17-2010

my bad, tiny icons make it hard on my eyes. Sorry on not seeing ashe's madreds.

and i'm not judging your tanks off of you, but off of ashe and pantheon. I'm only saying based off this screenshot, as thats the only info i'm given and i haven't seen the game in question.

Side edit: all carries, unless the game is being given to you, need at least one tanky item, even if its a guardian angel (and its too dam risky stacking attack speed, especially against a team with so much taunts/stuns/slows that you were up against. You might never have the chance to take advantage of getting in extra hits through attack speed, but with a tank item, sure)

Keogh

10-17-2010

Quote:
Rawrful:
I've crushed many all tank teams in both ranked and normal. You just need to position yourselves well, get good engages, focus individual targets and, if thing go downhill, kite them. Their team doesn't even look to bad.

I mean, your Ashe stacked ATTACK SPEED. So did TF. Your team had THREE Starks. Ashe and TF also both built glass cannon. Really, you lost that game not because the enemy team is tanky, but because your team built idiotic items to handycap themselves.

Your an idiot building tanky would not have changed a thing they would b tankier and end up killing me anyway. we built att speed because of the passives of the items.

starks reduce armour
last whisper 40% arm pen
Madredz

like wtf do u expect fool!

MindlessLegend

10-17-2010

You had tf,panth and shen. You could back door with all 3. Unless they were not smart and did not get teleport to do easy escape or reinforce? Also you were all physical mainly so they did not need to spend extra for magic res.

Grevane

10-17-2010

Quote:
Keogh:
Your an idiot building tanky would not have changed a thing they would b tankier and end up killing me anyway. we built att speed because of the passives of the items.

starks reduce armour
last whisper 40% arm pen
Madredz

like wtf do u expect fool!

Stark's aura does not stack... FAIL.
The had a healer/support. You did not.
Both you and Ashe were glass cannons. Fat lot of good that DPS does you when you're killed in 2 seconds.

You got out played and out comped. Nice job buddy.

Akira1125

10-17-2010

Looks like your team was practically entirely physical damage based. This makes tanking easy since all they have to get is armor to counter you. Now Last Whisper is good but did you think about stacking Black Cleavers? I believe they stack, correct me if I'm wrong. If this is still viable, then this might have helped a lot. Black Cleaver(s) + Last Whisper + Madreds + AD = own tanks.

ShaShouX

10-17-2010

Here's your problem
clearly NONE of you had Cleanse or QQsashes

thulfir

10-17-2010

sigh, building black cleaver, last whisper, starks, and brutalizer (by extension ghostblade) together is redundant and not very good IMO unless capped at 2. Simply because trying to get physical damage in against armor is like ramming magic penetration at magic resist.

I guess its riot's way of trying to promote balance to team comps as "ability power is the best counter to armor, and vice versa"

Seriouswood

10-17-2010

Agreed, The starks aura does not stack, just like any aura that says unique passive. 2 of your starks were a waste of money and would have been better put into bloodthirstiers. Also as stated before your team comp isn't so great. You have 2 ranged dps carries and a melee carry, making it extremely easy for your enemy team to just stack armor and negate your damage. The magic damage dealt from madreds simply isn't fast enough to replace a true burst mage like annie, karth, kass, or vlad to name a few.Your enemy team of all tanks had a field day because you guys set yourselves up for failure in champion select, not because an all tank team is overpowered.

Recap Solution : Have either TF or ashe change to a burst mage character, meaning your enemy team will have to divide thier resources into MR (Magic Resist), or force being blown to bits by your heavy burst. The proof is in the screenshot you took. How many magic resist items did your opponents buy?. Even their galio ( who gains ap from stacking MR) got armor. ....lol indeed.

Knives88

10-17-2010

Taric and Udyr aren't tanks. Taric has no initiating ability and Udyr isn't even listed as a tank. Nasus is better as dps and just has a lot of health. Not a great tank.

Ssraeshza

10-17-2010

Your team had no magic based damage.

Your comp was horrible and you probably played poorly. Tank teams can be defeated np.