Pantheon Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chipmunk

10-17-2010

All of these pure damage builds with the 4 bloodthirsters/BF Swords do not work simply because E has been shown (by someone, somewhere, don't know where) to be outclassed by autoattacks at every level until about 4th or 5th point into it, by which time its only outclassing autoattacks by a little. Therefore, Q and W are now the prominent skills to max. To accompany this, Pantheon needs survival and armor pen., as well as some attack speed. So...

I would start with boots + pots for mid, or long sword + pot if the opposite lane isn't brutal, or D.Blade with pot for staying power.
Then boots going into mercs for opposite team stuns, or zerkers/swiftness if they don't.
Brutalizer (if game goes well SotO before this)
Youmuu's (armour pen, CD, atspd/mvspd active)
Defense Item if needed (Randuin's is best usually for the active and huge armour increase, unless heavy magic then Veil)
Aspd item (Last whisper, SotD, maybe Razors)

Then judge from there, more survival or more damage, here you can grab a bloodthirster if you wish.

This build works wonders and apparently works well in high ELO as well (Maknoon, Locicero)

WarlordLucifer

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpunk View Post
All of these pure damage builds with the 4 bloodthirsters/BF Swords do not work simply because E has been shown (by someone, somewhere, don't know where) to be outclassed by autoattacks at every level until about 4th or 5th point into it, by which time its only outclassing autoattacks by a little. Therefore, Q and W are now the prominent skills to max. To accompany this, Pantheon needs survival and armor pen., as well as some attack speed. So...

I would start with boots + pots for mid, or long sword + pot if the opposite lane isn't brutal, or D.Blade with pot for staying power.
Then boots going into mercs for opposite team stuns, or zerkers/swiftness if they don't.
Brutalizer (if game goes well SotO before this)
Youmuu's (armour pen, CD, atspd/mvspd active)
Defense Item if needed (Randuin's is best usually for the active and huge armour increase, unless heavy magic then Veil)
Aspd item (Last whisper, SotD, maybe Razors)

Then judge from there, more survival or more damage, here you can grab a bloodthirster if you wish.

This build works wonders and apparently works well in high ELO as well (Maknoon, Locicero)
Refer to my first post ITT

Completely false statement unless you built panth in the worst way possible severely gimping his burst damage, which is all he is about

For a 1630 damage burst in 5 secs flat ALL you need is 200 AD, armor pen always helps, sure, but 200AD is mid-game level status and as such, NO squishy can survive this kind of burst with full HP, and even wounded tanks will die with no chance of reaction if you have both Q and E leveled by midgame with that kind of AD

Chipmunk

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordLucifer View Post
Refer to my first post ITT
I saw it, its not viable in my opinion. The mana waste and poor damage, glitchiness of E is not worth it.

Carados

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpunk View Post
Therefore, Q and W are now the prominent skills to max.
His Q scales off of AD, and doesn't scale with attack speed.

WarlordLucifer

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
His Q scales off of AD, and doesn't scale with attack speed.
Just let people who like to play Panty as a extremely gimped version of Twisted fate be happy.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

ITT: People do not understand Pantheon.

Attack speed is an absolutely terrible stat for Pantheon and is only useful for pushing towers. Pantheon is not an autoattack hero. He is too squishy and doesn't have any good skills that makes him anywhere near as effective as an autoattacking champ as others like Yi, Xin, or even Tryndamere. He is terribly squishy, blows up in half a second in close range, and has no steroid skill. His passive is absolutely stupid to build around because it only works on attacks that deal physical damage, like autoattacks, and can be popped even by an accidental Veigar misclick. Stuff like Phantom Dancer is terrible.

His Q spell is his best feature. With some armor penetration and damage, you'll be nuking squishies for over a quarter of their health with it. You want to use this skill whenever it is up, and you want this skill to be up whenever possible. Brutalizer+Ghostblade+Armor pen reds+masteries means 50+ armor penetration, close to maxed cdr, and a good chunk of attack damage for the cost of an IE.

Relying on HSS is bad except for late game, and even then often just for farming/pushing. If you have ghostblade, and you should because that thing makes you hit harder, hit more often, and level towers, and chase better (and Pantheon animation cancels really, really well), you're probably better off autoattacking than sitting their using HSS.

Spending that much on Frozen Mallet is a waste. If you really want more CC and survivability, get Randuins for the cdr and armor (along with some HP). Between Randuins slow, your 2 second stun on like a 6 second cooldown (because you have a lot of cdr, right?), and cancelling your animations, you should have absolutely no problem making your target dead. If you honestly need a slow on your auto attack that much, then stop at a Phage. If you can't proc the slow with a two second stun and proper positioning and kill them in that time frame, then the solution isn't to slow them more, it's to stop hitting like a pillow.

Ghost13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

I start with a doran's blade, than i get boots and bruitilzer, I'll finish the ghost blade next.
Dependent on how well I'm doing, i will either pick up a phage, or go straight for infinities edge. After IE it all depends on my opponents.

Stormsoul

10-17-2010

build ghostblade and brutalizer then build randuins/banshees and atmas imo. you need to build pantheon tanky as the game drags on or else you become a free kill. randuins has great synergy with his W as well, jump in pop randuins and go to town. the CDR is great too -- with GB/brut/randuins you'll be at CD cap.

LuckoftheD

10-17-2010

I play Pantheon religiously and usually request mid in the interest of global ulting one of the side lanes for one to two kills. Typically I first blood mid as well. I max q first, then w, then e. Putting a point into your ult whenever it is available is a given. I start with boots and 3 health potions, since the increased mobility lets me catch up to the other mid champion with ease for q spam. As for items:

brutalizer
bf sword, which I later turn into a bloodthirster or IE
ghostblade (sometimes I skip it to gain more survivability by pursuing one of the items to follow)
randuin's omen/banshee's veil

What most of the posts in this thread neglect to mention is that with omen or veil (or both, if the game lasts long enough), plus just a brutalizer and a bloodthirster/infinity edge, Panth has superb survivability and impressive burst.

SomeNastyFunk

10-17-2010

After the Season 1 patch I stopped leveling E first and started prioritizing Q and W.

Armor Pen Marks and Quints
Flat Health Yellows
MR Blues

Start with Meki and 2 Pots (This lets me spam my spear with minimal mana issues)
Build that up to a Manamune (You will never run into mana issues and towards end game it will be giving ~ 80 AD) Ideally I like to get Boots 3 unless I feel that Mercs are more appropriate for the opposition. Then I go Frozen Mallet, Infinity Edge, and usually Thirster.