Is Warwick good solo top AND jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praise the Void

01-02-2013

I'm preparing myself for ranked matches early on (since I was lvl 4), but if i get the champions I want for each role, I dont know how I will be able to afford tier 3 runes.
My plan was Garen, Ahri, Ezreal, Janna, Rengar. I own Garen but now i see threads saying he is easily counterpicked.

Now i love being any swordsman, and since it seems Garen is the only viable one for ranked matches I don't want to leave him out.

Would Warwick be good to take Rengars place as jungler AND hold his own as solo top against ranged solo tops?

Obviously I'm trying to be a team player and not a nuisance when I hit 30 (i see a lot of complaints about the meta not being followed on the forums), so any advice is welcome.

Rav Abaddon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

All of them are viable for ranked matches. I can attest for all but Rengar's effectiveness. To answer the title, Warwick does solo top and jungle, but his popularity fell off.

Yes, Warwick can go top, but he's possibly more easily counterpicked than Garen due to his mana problems. Plus I don't think Warwick beats what beats Garen since they both have the same strategy they can rely on (Garen can be aggressive, or passive and sustain, while Warwick can basically only be passive). Plus Rengar can solo top and/or jungle, too.

And Ahri may never be unviable. Her kit is just too good.

-Banister

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-02-2013

he is ok, but runs out of mana fast on top lane. you might need to invest in mana pots over health pots.

Praise the Void

01-02-2013

What could fill solo top and another position?

Like I said I want to have at least one swordsman so Garen stays, but what could be used against ranged solo tops and fill another roll?

I'm trying to save points, so i'm looking for a stone that'll kill 2 birds.

General Skrimir

01-02-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think Jarvan can be a Top and a Jungle, I've Also used Jarvan as a Support, I've also done Wukong top and Mid, rarely jungle, and altho I've never used him, but Lee Sin is a pretty good top vs Ranged in my opinion and a good jungle too.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-02-2013

shyvanna can top and jungle, she don't got a sword but plays like a melee ad carry.

fiddlesticks is great against ranged solo tops, like teemo. fiddlesticks good against someone who has no stuns, knock ups, silences, knock backs, pulls. but he is not a swords man that you want.

"swords man" is not a proper term to describe play style. either you are AP, AD, or tanky, or support. but if you are going for appearance that is "swordsman", you can lee sin top and jungle, you can shaco top and jungle, you can shyvanna top and jungle, you can mundo top and jungle.

alot of tops can also jungle.

Oh i almost forgot "DARIUS" he is very similar to garen, and he can top and jungle. and he is a "swordsman" which is what you are talking about.

Korilakkuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Why not Darius or Riven as top? I personally like them because they are fun to play. With Darius, he can snowball pretty easily. Each champion has its counters though. Although I am not in high Elo myself (aka newb status), lower Elo is based upon individual skill in lane and the overall teamwork. This includes map awareness ... etc.

Evelynn has been played a lot recently because her ganks are pretty strong.

I could go on but good luck with your ranked games!! (:

Praise the Void

01-02-2013

thanks! I'm not 30 yet, but i'm trying to save money for runes which is why i'm plannning so far ahead.

Also being a swordsman is just something i like. Does gender or weapon matter? no, but i have more fun in a role playing game if i'm my favorite role (swordsman)

Of course i'll still play where my team needs me, which is why i'm not considering Master Yi (though for now i'm having fun with him).

CrazyRabidDog

01-02-2013

From my experience Warwick is a great jungler, however his laning capabilities are pretty average. Warwick is better played form the jungles as in lanes his need to get close is easily countered by a range champ. Garen is a great way to lane (havent used him as a jungler yet) as his ults and skill moves can be used to make efficient last hits while not dragging to close to enemy range

ShadowLegend454

01-02-2013

I just came from a game where there was a Warwick who went 19/1. Ive used him and I'll say that he is a good jungler and I like ganking with him. Solo laning is not that great with him.