Strong Late game AP Mages

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memira

01-01-2013

Ryze
Karthus
Anivia
Cass
Swain
Veiger
Annie
Diana
Brand
Xerath
Malz
Fizz
Leblanc

CannabisCorpse

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalPeace View Post
Thanks for the info....

I have 2 Questions

- Shouldnt veiger be 1st? he got like infinite AP from his Q

- Malzahar deals percentage damage in his W...so wouldnt his dps be much higher compared to some of the champs like Brand , Annie etc?
Malzahar is countered easily. Its very difficult to use the damage from his W (if it was more reliable he would be incredible vs tankier compositions and health stackers). His only way of keeping people on his W is with his ultimate which is countered by breaking the channel of QSS. His dps is strong, but unreliable vs good teams. Karthus, Anivia are more reliable than veigar. They both have strong passives which keep them in teamfights longer.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

1) Anivia
2) Karthus
3) Ryze
4) Cassiopeia
5) Veigar
6) Xerath
7) Annie
8) Diana
9) Malzahar
10) Swain
11) Fizz
12) Brand
13) LeBlanc

Btw your list includes some of the weakest late game mages.
Only numbers 1 to 3 are actually strong late game. The actual 1 to 3 order could be argued over, but I think everyone in their right mind will agree those 3 are the strongest on the list. Cassiopeia depends too much on landing a good ult and her poisons, Veigar is situational because he can shut down a carry very quickly, but otherwise will make the fight 4.5v4 for his own team. And the others are all pretty much bad to trash.

Diana I listed as 8 just because I'm not sure where she stands right now, but having her pull+slow and carry diving potential means she's still better than the others.

LethalPeace

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
1) Anivia
2) Karthus
3) Ryze
4) Cassiopeia
5) Veigar
6) Xerath
7) Annie
8) Diana
9) Malzahar
10) Swain
11) Fizz
12) Brand
13) LeBlanc

Only numbers 1 to 3 are actually strong late game. The actual 1 to 3 order could be argued over, but I think everyone in their right mind will agree those 3 are the strongest on the list. Cassiopeia depends too much on landing a good ult and her poisons, Veigar is situational because he can shut down a carry very quickly, but otherwise will make the fight 4.5v4 for his own team. And the others are all pretty much bad to trash.

Diana I listed as 8 just because I'm not sure where she stands right now, but having her pull+slow and carry diving potential means she's still better than the others.
I have included weak mages like leblanc cuz I know some of them practically and would like to associate them with other champs whom I have little knowledge about....

EaglesFlyHigh106

01-01-2013

what about vlad?

SMG Toxsick

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Syndra is a beast late game!

YBC Baylife

01-01-2013

if he has a good early game, fizz is a nightmare late game

Fairness

01-01-2013

Mordekaiserrrrrrr

Midnight Vesper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

How about this. Instead of us sorting these for you, why don't we look in to what makes a good lategame champ.

These things are (from an ap carry's standpoint)

a) continued signigicant damage / burst potential against full built champs (high ap ratios / passive magic pen)
b) survivability
c) disruption and cc
d) the ability to aid others in teamfights (heals, shields, what have you)

So now you can take apart the champs and think about them objectively based on this criteria. Lets try it!

Ryze
a) loads of damage lategame, can spam spells like a madman, and has nice bang from mana ratios + ap ratios.

b) super survivable. Often builds banshees veil and frozen heart, which also increase his damage output. Ult gives him movespeed, which is pretty nice too.

c) Has an on target root. Nice, but not amazing.

d) not much to speak of from his kit, but he can build aura items like FH which help, and take some of the gold burden off the primary tank.

Overall -- Lategame pretty freaking good.

Now lets try leblanc

a) relatively long cd, still bursty enough to maybe drop the adc, but unless super fed, not likley.

b) has a teleport, can double it, great for jukes. otherwise very squishy.

c) skillshot-then-wait-stun. bleh.

d) none

leblanc lategame -- not so grand.

CannabisCorpse

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
1) Anivia
2) Karthus
3) Ryze
4) Cassiopeia
5) Veigar
6) Xerath
7) Annie
8) Diana
9) Malzahar
10) Swain
11) Fizz
12) Brand
13) LeBlanc

Yep Swain is total trash. Go back to 200 ELO.

123456 ... 8