Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mord + Sona = Invincible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

10-17-2010

Quote:
Yenn:
"Mord scales horribly late game"

And then we realize what his ultimate does..

If you're getting your ult off, it has more to do with the other team being terrible then anything else, considering it's trivial to deal with.

Lachdannon

10-17-2010

Probly.

LeWolf

10-17-2010

Im a bit confused my the answers.... except the few that speak the truth about try to last hit and hide....

Sona is not up at front... therefore to get to her I have to run past mord... which might be ok... but Im going to take hits from mord, sonas spell (pretty strong early game), then the odd hits from minions... since we will have little minions due to mord melting them quickly... its almost guarenteed that Sonas spell hits will hit us.....

Anyways it was somewhat a rage thread... we ended up winning the game.... but we couldn't do **** all to that duo... Mord stock shield, sona refills his HP.... just raped us...

I also understand 2 strong champs might have a chance or sona+garen, or like garen + some other strong champ... but for anything else it seems extremely hard.

Cannibalisme

10-18-2010

Janna + Ashe or Sion

BTW, why counter them when u can just farm minions

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Mordekaiser and Sona isn't even a good lane. You have basically no first blood potential at all. They harass, but are basically shut down by Negatron Cloak, which should be a first-buy in a lane like that.

ArcherU

10-18-2010

I think it's pretty much anything + Sona these days...

I play her a lot now and I pretty much always dominate the lane...

Sildarya

10-18-2010

I would also add that against Mord a great laning duo is anything with double stun/disable/knockup. Mord is actually an extremely easy kill at level 1 if you get a good jump on him. By about levels 3-4 it's a sit and farm minions but if you had a good jump even the random sona heal my not save him.

Things that would normally seem silly can work on an overagressive Mord. Alistar with flash could knock up, knock into turret along with another stun/disable character and mord is probably dead early game.

Niarah

10-18-2010

Garen + Pant or Sion or Xin

Just Stun Sona and Damasia!!!!! )
first blood )
ignore morde that is all and gank sona.

Eninya

10-18-2010

Sona is not invincible. Don't ever focus Mordekaiser unless his shield is down or he cannot sustain it.

facepalmextreme

10-18-2010

early game you can't stop them, mid game you might be able to, late game you are going to have to find sona when she is by herself.

your best bet is rolling with a twitch or akali. shaco can't do enough sustained dps to keep sona at bay until late game. if you can force sona to go back you can pressure mid. if sona gets down to 30% and doesn't B because she "has heals" you can teach her a lesson.

often times the best counter to these sorts of combos (trust me, it could be worse if they had taric) is to let them feel confident enough to get sloppy. some games I have had when I'm in vent or lanning my lane partner and I get such an advantage we start doing stupid stuff and saying "oh whatever, we're both 4 and 1, no biggy."

if all else fails you can chill at your tower and last hit/ you and your lane partner rotating a neutral spawn. OR when mid hits 6 ask them to switch with one of you.

and always remember these combos always get sloppy and purposely power farm to the otherside of the river, increasing the likely hood of getting ganked by a good chance. as long as you can keep your tower from going down those people are doing you a favor keeping you in a safe place.

if it happens to be your allies who get an unlucky combo such as that it's in your best interest to help them out... don't let your enemies get fed just because they aren't in your lane.

I know you never know what types of teams you will be up against in normal games, so it's also in your best interest to look at who on your team autolocks a champ and pick what your team needs. got two assassins? pick a support/mage/tank.