Summoner Rift - Custom Map Skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epichuntarz

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachis View Post
We focused our efforts on the updated Twisted Treeline over a winter version of Summoner Rift, the old winter was not up to the quality of the new Twisted Treeline, so we didn't want to take a step backwards visually by releasing outdated content.
Not really sure this answers my point, though. A SINGLE person created a skin for SR. It shouldn't have required a vast amount of resources for something that A LOT of people really wanted.

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanist Hobo View Post
A heaven-like map would be good. White/gold with ruins and such.

Also your skin looks good although it being HD looks a bit too detailed (sparkly and such) so I prefer to keep environment quality on low. Hopefully player-added map skins will become a trend and supported by Riot in the future.

The guy two below me also gave me an idea. Maybe try recreating Molten Core on SR? The paths would be bridges, walls in the jungle could be pits etc.
Hi. Thanks for your comment!
I will keep a note of this to make 2 versions in future SD + HD so you can choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I like the idea of a futuristic map. An entirely new setting in general would be awesome. Recolors are cool, but new and different is even cooler : )
There are some levels modders can apply:
Recolor
Texturization
Models
Particles

I tend to only change Recolor + Texturization. Why is this? Models often generate errors when new patches of LOL are out, and require a lot of skill on Maya, which I don't have. Particles sometimes are cool, but I really don't like changing particles. I think the game lights and effects change too much with this, and LOL is already rich on detailed particles (we have even team colored particles on most of skills).

@your futuristic suggestion: there is already a Summoner Rift like this, called Metal Rift, created by other modders. You can find it here: http://leaguecraft.com/skins/5626-metal-rift-summoners-rift-total-conversion.xhtml although I'm not sure if it still works with this current LOL build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrelok View Post
New map skin idea: Hellfire Rift.

Molten lava river.
Reskinned jungle mobs, like imps for wolves, harpies for wraiths, minotaurs for golems, etc.
New Baron and Dragon, can't think of anything good at the moment.
Dead trees, dead grass/different grass/patches of demonic growth for brush etc.
Winged towers that shoot fire bolts.

And so on. It'd be cool if you could modify the particles to have a heat effect too. Basically Molten Core without actually being Molten Core.
The idea looks pretty cool. The problem is, as I mentioned above, it tends to change Models and Particles. Particles files are encrypted and the max I did see were some recolored particles.

Some suggestions can be applied with colors and textures, and others are impossible when it needs to change models (like dragon, baron, trees etc).

Thanks for all the comments. Keep the suggestions coming.

TheStrelok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I didn't realize you couldn't remodel. That's a shame. That's one thing I always enjoyed about Counter Strike Source. Maybe when the summer months hit you could at least retexture the river or something to make it seem like a drought hit SR.

lucypwns

01-25-2013

work harder

30 Helens

01-25-2013

I do like the ancient Oriana skin.

Nid is Cancer

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachis View Post
I'm not sure what the legal implications are for this it should be okay.

This is a very different direction from the style of the game, I like the color scheme (reminds me of the Harrowing Map mixed with Night Elf colors) but the pixel in pixel detail is a bit harsh for my eyes. It would be neat to see the colors integrated into the map textures. The increase in contrast and saturation will need to be metered to reflect the visual important of elements on the map. The ground is one of the areas of rest in our visual space which helps champions read against it.

I'd recommend picking an area of the map (single screen shot worth) you like and painting up the textures in that region to have a higher resolution while attempting to maintain a style consistent to League. Overlaying a texture and tinting colors is a way to add artificial detail to a scene but that can be inconsistent with the underlying visual direction. Learning to place your details in the places that your eye will enjoy most while maintaining a strong visual hierarchy takes a lot of self control and I tend to reference historic painters, such as Edgar Payne, to help direct my hand.

I look forward to seeing your future mods.

peace,
Drachis
Legal smeagle. Its awesome, it should be in your game, stop bein a little party pooper.

Yurixy

01-25-2013

I did choose a suggestion posted here in this thread and I'm currently working on it.
It's a surprise which was chosen (I will post it when I release the skin with credits for the suggestion to the post owner).

I believe in a few days it will be released, so look forward to it.

EDIT: Suggestions are CLOSED for now.

FLcNz

01-27-2013

Thanks for all the comments guys ! i am glad that you guys liked ^^ ! visit the yurixyworks website , there are some great stuff over there !

Yurixy

01-28-2013

EDIT 28 Jan 2013
Congratulations Best Potaṭ NA. Your suggestion was chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Potaṭ NA View Post
sandy beach rift.
And now I present:

Attachment 601443

Beach Rift

Made by Yurixy
Suggested by Best Potaṭ NA

Changelog

v6 - Ilumination/Contrast > Open Release
v5 - Re-textured
v4 - Darken
v3 - Ilumination
v2 - Contrast
v1 - Textures

Features

Sandy Beach Rift!
Torchs and purple lamps among the scenery produces amazing effects reflected by the sand.
Nice effects on the water produced by the sand.
Sea stars decorate the base.
Wooden Teemo bevel at the base.
Wooden bases for towers + inibs + nexus.
Wooden ladders for the bases.
Underwater corals at cliff walls.

Screenshots

ALBUM

Download

http://yurixyworks.com/index.php/game-mods/lol-misc/beach-rift-custom-summoner-rift

How to Install

1. Download and install last version of SIU (skin installer ultimate), on their official site or here in this mirror.
2. Close League of Legends. Open SIU. If a popup appears asking if you wish to update the game database, click on Yes. Wait for it to update the database and load the models.
3. Drag and Drop the ZIP File into SIU. Wait some seconds and a popup will appear for you to name your MOD, give any name you wish. Example: Beach v6.
4. Go to the second tab "Install Existing Skin", check the Mod box and click on Install. If appears a box with the Install Preferences, click on Save without changing the marked boxes. Wait for it to finish.
5. If any popup appears asking you for substitute mushrooms shop skin or anything other, just click on Done and wait for it to finish.
6. If the installation is successful, you will see a popup saying: Installed 86 files. Skipped 0 files based on your settings. Press OK and it's done. You can now close SIU and launch League of Legends and enjoy your new map.

FAQ

Q. Why the trees remain the same?
A. I don't change the models, only the textures. In this particular scenario I didn't want to change the trees's colors or textures.

Yurixy

01-28-2013

Suggestions are now open again.
Feel free to give suggestions for the next map skin.

I will choose what I think it's best (and possible to do).

Just remember that I don't change the models. :P