Summoner Rift - Custom Map Skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

@Thread
I will remake this thread soon, and re-upload all albums in Minus, since Minus does not compress images stupidly like 99% of hosts do. Look forward to see good quality albums!

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

Site is down for maintenance.

Surfer Ahri

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurixy View Post
Site is down for maintenance.
Any estimate on the downtime? I just saw that you've updated Beach Rift since I last saw it, it looks amazing! I absolutely adore the new Nexus platforms!

Geekweezul

05-07-2013

This is amazing.

Making mods like this is something I would really enjoy doing. I just need to find the time. You've inspired me ;-)

I will be using some of your mods tonight...they are just too good not to use them.

Yurixy

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer Ahri View Post
Any estimate on the downtime? I just saw that you've updated Beach Rift since I last saw it, it looks amazing! I absolutely adore the Nexus platforms!
Site is back again!

Yurixy

05-07-2013

Updated May 06 news to better reflect that was a new video released for the map.

Werewolf

Adjudicator

05-07-2013

Thank you for these map skins, they are amazing!

Archalyus

05-07-2013

Quote:
@Archalyus
what I see of your post is something like "I want to play League on High settings with a not very good computer or graphic cards" and that is impossible to do.
I already said that whenever I spectate a match I turn off the UI and put the character setting on very high and the effect setting on low I get 50-60 FPS even with everyone on the screen. My computer DOES suck, yes, (since it can only have high FPS with only one setting on very high) but because of that, it's not impossible. I think you're thinking I want every setting on very high. I just want to be able to play a normal match with the FPS I get in spectator mode with the settings above. I only want CHARACTER setting to be very high. I have skins and I just want to enjoy them how they're supposed to be. I actually thought Queen Ashe was a bad skin until I saw it on very high. Now I love it.

Quote:

Although I do not know how the graphic cards handle the textures, maybe clean textures with some files completely transparent (aka removed from the game display) may increase performance in some computers.
Since changing the settings affects FPS shouldn't making the entire model (or removing particles) one color enhance the FPS even more? Riot has actually done that anyway if you compare very low and very high effect settings. For example, the fire from the torches. On very high, there's a heat effect coming from it. On very low it's nowhere to be found. If removing the heat effect (or whatever it is) isn't going to do anything, then there's no reason for it not to be on every setting. But since they did, removing something from the game DOES enhance FPS.

If you don't want to do it, it's fine.. It would just be a big help if you did

BergMeister

05-07-2013

it would be nice if Riot opened up a map editor for league and opened them to be playable in custom modes. Let the community thrive, also it would give the champion concept community a place to call home as we would have access to making custom champions.

Yurixy

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archalyus View Post
I already said that whenever I spectate a match I turn off the UI and put the character setting on very high and the effect setting on low I get 50-60 FPS even with everyone on the screen. My computer DOES suck, yes, (since it can only have high FPS with only one setting on very high) but because of that, it's not impossible. I think you're thinking I want every setting on very high. I just want to be able to play a normal match with the FPS I get in spectator mode with the settings above. I only want CHARACTER setting to be very high. I have skins and I just want to enjoy them how they're supposed to be. I actually thought Queen Ashe was a bad skin until I saw it on very high. Now I love it.

Since changing the settings affects FPS shouldn't making the entire model (or removing particles) one color enhance the FPS even more? Riot has actually done that anyway if you compare very low and very high effect settings. For example, the fire from the torches. On very high, there's a heat effect coming from it. On very low it's nowhere to be found. If removing the heat effect (or whatever it is) isn't going to do anything, then there's no reason for it not to be on every setting. But since they did, removing something from the game DOES enhance FPS.

If you don't want to do it, it's fine.. It would just be a big help if you did
I think there is no way to remove particles, but I can see a partial solution for your problem. If someone makes an HD Queen Ashe, then the Medium settings would simulate a normal Very High Queen Ashe. It's just a guess though.

Just had this idea because when I use Noir Rift HD, and put settings on LOW it remains good to see (it simulates higher definition).

You can do a fake HD Queen Ashe, just by doubling size of the texture. Without any details added. I think this could work to your intentions.