Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts on Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BROLAF THE HULK

10-17-2010

What does everyone think about him??

I would call him OP.. But thats just me.

He is extremely hard to kill and can tower dive with ease.

I recently played a game with Pantheon and I was part of an arranged 5v5 team I have played many many games with. Udyr Jungled and we had no problems. But mid game it became impossible to take on udyr 1v1. Even 2v1 Udyr sent me and Taric running. Eventually Udyr could take on Pantheon, Taric and Twisted Fate by himself. I had over 2500 hp with a ghost blade and I was barely able to put a dent in him.

I think its slightly unfair that a champion like him can take such reduced damage and deal ridic amounts of damage. Even with a sunfire Garen I have never been able to successfully 1v1 a Udyr. Yet I have been able to win a 1v2 against a Katarina and Olaf with Garen and Olaf had near full health with Katarina halfway.

This isn't a QQ thread. I just stated my opinion since. I guess im discussing this because people say Garen is massively OP but I think once he gets nerfed champions like Poppy and Udyr who are op in my opinion will just be left alone.

Thought anyone?

Limborghini

Recruiter

10-17-2010

In my experience, I haven't seen a Udyr that sucked. They all rocked the house in my games.

But if you want to counter him in laning then you should shoot him (get a ranged charcter of course). He'll usually put up his turtle stance. When it disappears shoot him again. Repeat steps until his mana runs out.

In team fights get champions who can CC and then kill him.

Verock

10-17-2010

Quote:
PwnagexP:
. Repeat steps until his mana runs out.

This is why we play 5s and jungle

bardwooder

10-17-2010

OP for sure.
Deals a **** tonn of damage and never dies if is cpntrolled by a pro player

Lance Eliot

10-17-2010

A character who can only melee things, plays the role of offtank, and deals less damage than full tanks like Amumu or Galio is OP? Udyr is only "OP" if really fed and with a good team backing him. I'm great with the character, but I sure as Hell can't carry a bad team with him, as a tank is only as good as their team.

keepkilin

10-17-2010

I would say he needs a buff or just leave him as he is.

idiotard

10-17-2010

as is

ANDRETHEGOD

10-17-2010

I love him <3

Not op, for sure, but a great addition to any team.

Firefoxxxx

10-17-2010

Great Champion, Best jungler i think. Although I try to play him pure dps, i end up becoming an off tank.

Also end up with so-so scores in competitive play. Ussally because i end up tanking-off tanking.

And because of this my team ussally ends up blaming or telling me i suck. Then at the end of the game. O look who did the most damage dealt. Udyr, Always Udyr. Who's running around off tanking and stunning everyone every 6 sec?. Udyr. Who's running around tanking thier skill shots with turtle stance. Udyr. Please give more credit to Udyr people, it's the reason you won.

end rant...

anyways OP try getting Executioners Calling. It'll cut the healing Udyr recieves from Turtle by half, Which is Udyr's bread and butter. Although Late game if udyr gets 4-5 out of his 6 item slots he is pretty beastly.

edit: Exhaust will shut down udyr as well

Judah the Lion

10-17-2010

Tiger Stance could use some love, in case someone wanted to run more physical dps on him, without the doody stank of how it really works, but he not OP at all.