Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game crashes when trying to start a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunta

01-01-2013

So i recently got back into LoL in general, and had forgotten that there was a PBE version of the game so i downloaded it again and remembered my information. Started to browse and decided i should test out some games. Upon starting up the game, getting into the character select screen, chose my character and after that (when the screen closes, have the League of Legend sign, black screen) after that black screen i should be take to the summoning load time, but for some reason (on PBE only) i get a crash report popup.

I have tried repairing, but that didnt work and currently redownloading it on another computer (the one i had original played PBE on as this current one is to an extent "new&quot just wondering if this is a recurring problem or is it just me? Any way to fix this? thanks!

SavageSwing

01-03-2013

mine just did the same thing

An Okay Player

01-04-2013

im game client just closes without any bug error. The load screen dissapears.

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-07-2013

Does this happen every time you try to start a game? Does if fully load? When it happens can you still see the minimized air client in your tray?

Captain Doomsday

04-19-2013

This happens to me sporadically, but with no restrictive circumstances. I'm usually fully loaded when this happens.

Captain Doomsday

04-23-2013

It seems to usually happen at the "Summoning" phase.

BlazingFury

04-23-2013

Can confirm this has just happened to me on the abyssal map, got past champion select and then hung on the league of legends part.

After 3 client reboots I got into the map, not sure what caused it to hang.

Crispy Kitten

Recruiter

04-23-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Does this happen every time you try to start a game? Does if fully load? When it happens can you still see the minimized air client in your tray?

For me, the percentage bar goes to around 84% and then the game crashes and gives me a pop up of "blug splat". This has been happening to me lately after the 2nd recent patch.