Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] New Player Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

10-17-2010

You're being downvoted because of this:

Quote:
Make New Player Tips into the game, either randomly generated, or in order from 1-(100?), after every minute of the game

Time: 1'59", you're Garen and an enemy is approaching the bush. Suddenly It looks like you're planning an ambush. Would you like help? You click No just before your screen turns black and white.

After respawning, you head back to your lane, slightly annoyed. As you approach the corner of the map and spin into the creeps, a little lightbulb appears saying Did you know about the death recap? After which the death recap indeed comes up because you walked right into a dazzle because the popup appeared directly behind your mouse cursor.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Quote:
Draydan:
It is really needed!
Even after tutorial and 24 levels of play I still see how ppl refuse to buy wards\oracle playing vs Eve + Twitch or die 2 times in a row to same combo and so on.

Personally I would show those tips in game -

"buy potions!" - if player didnt spent money and moved from shop,
"try to play defencive near tower!" - if player died 2 times during 1-2 minutes in 1st 5-10 minutes
"dont walk alone rambo-like!" - if he died alone and gave 3-5 assists...

Edited and added 2 of those, thanks!

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Quote:
Raptamei:
You're being downvoted because of this:

Time: 1'59", you're Garen and an enemy is approaching the bush. Suddenly It looks like you're planning an ambush. Would you like help? You click No just before your screen turns black and white.

After respawning, you head back to your lane, slightly annoyed. As you approach the corner of the map and spin into the creeps, a little lightbulb appears saying Did you know about the death recap? After which the death recap indeed comes up because you walked right into a dazzle because the popup appeared directly behind your mouse cursor.

I had meant it to be in the chat log, or directly above it in slightly larger text. I didn't know someone would misinterpret it like that. It would not be like the annoying World of Warcraft tips, if anyone knows what those look like.

Anyways, edited it.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Bump.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Another bump.... no posts

Kamaro

10-17-2010

Add the -tips function there is in DotA. For those who don't know, if you would type -tips in DotA, every few min some tips and pointers for that specific hero would come up.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Bump.

Fatthang

10-17-2010

I am fine with this

+1

Critikill81

10-18-2010

Bump.

Critikill81

10-18-2010

Bump.... 2 in a row... come on people we need more ideas!