Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] New Player Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

I have an idea for Riot. Make New Player Tips into the game, in order from 1-100, appearing in your chat log after every minute or 2 of the game, in your chat log, or close to it, in slightly larger text. You can shut these tips off in the Interface menu. (All tips subject to change)

(Game start)1. Always remember to start off with items, and buy potions, or an item to regenerate health or mana.

2. Remember to communicate with your teammates by pressing enter to type to them!

3. When you're doing good with your current items, but die too easily, find out what you're dying to, and buy Armor if it's to physical attacks, or Magic Resist if it's to magical attacks.

4. If there is a stealth character on the enemy team, buy Vision Wards, or Oracle's Elixir, located in the Consumables section, to reveal their stealth.

5. Remember to always be finding ways to make money, by killing enemy Champions, or killing creeps either in the Jungle or the lane.

6. If you're a caster and pop everything at the start of a team fight, then you're going to be lacking for the rest of it.

7. Try to let your allies get a Champion kill if you're a support hero, unless they won't get it.

8. If an enemy Champion is nailing you and your team with attacks, then it may be necessary to buy a Thornmail.

9. Buffs from the jungle can really help you in killing the enemy, or surviving.

10. Killing the dragon, located near the bottom of the river, gives gold to your whole team, not just yourself.

11. If you're constantly dying, then play defensively near your tower. If they have a lot of health, ask your teammates to take them down, because they may try to tower dive you.

12. Don't try to solo there whole team. Ask for assistance if they aren't trying to kill them.
(That's all I can come up with so far, but I will come up with new ones, and also add in yours)

fredyybob

10-17-2010

might want to rephrase 7 but over all pretty good, sometimes i need the "buy items at begining of match" tip, i always feel stupid when i forget

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Fixed, and thanks for the feedback!

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Shameless bump.

Leib Olmai

10-17-2010

Annoying.
Bad idea, what they need to do is most likely remake the tutorial since right now its awful.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Why am I being downvoted?

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Bump again?

Pyropuss

10-17-2010

This is addressed in the tutorial, so there's no need for it ingame.

Critikill81

10-17-2010

Most players don't look at the tutorial, if most players I play with are anything to go by.

Draydan

10-17-2010

It is really needed!
Even after tutorial and 24 levels of play I still see how ppl refuse to buy wards\oracle playing vs Eve + Twitch or die 2 times in a row to same combo and so on.

Personally I would show those tips in game -

"buy potions!" - if player didnt spent money and moved from shop,
"try to play defencive near tower!" - if player died 2 times during 1-2 minutes in 1st 5-10 minutes
"dont walk alone rambo-like!" - if he died alone and gave 3-5 assists...