Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think Vlad is too forgiving?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mercurius

10-17-2010

Quote:
ownagenesss:
Vlad isn't a forgiving champion. He is simply what you should get when you drop 6300 big ones to get him.

He has great stats, great survivability, SUPERB ultimate and coupled with cdr runes he can change a game. Easily in the top 3 mid champions and can also be a great support.

In my view he's the Garen of the 6300's. A complete game changer.

IP cost does not determine the strength of the champion. He's just unbalanced.

heroyisunshin

10-17-2010

Quote:
sushibandit:
The only people defending Vlad are the ones who play as him and don't want him fixed.

Endgame Vlad (without hardcore farming or feeding) has 500-600 AP, ~4k health, 2.5 sec 500 damage nuke/heal, 7 sec 300+damage slowing AOE, 800+ damage AOE nuke every few sec, and an ult that tremendously increases his team's output damage and does plenty of damage on it's own.

Is Vlad invincible? No. Is he the EASIEST CASTER IN THE GAME TO PLAY? Yes. That alone proves that Riot's claim of "more expensive champs are harder to play" is pure bull****, though most of us already knew that.

He is overpowered. His heal nuke needs it's damage or scaling lowered if it remains on the same cooldown. Blood pool needs to IMMOBILIZE him to become balanced. Double the duration if you wish, but he shouldn't be able to move in that ****. His character passive also needs looked at/tweaked. He's the pre-nerf Jax of casters, and is dead easy to play as, not fun to play against.

(Stacking MR? Hahaha you poor *******, even 200 MR doesn't do you any good since Vlad still hits with 500 damage transfusions, 500 damage tides, and his stupidly OP bloodpool. Try to focus him down? Bloodpool. Try to focus the enemy carries/support? Ult+tides+transfusion a few times+bloodpool = gg.)

what? so many things are wrong with these

yes i do play vlad and i did main him. but thats about it. whenever i have to face vlad it sucks but not enough to qq.
if you feed him then yes his ap will skyrocket...other then that...no.
blood pool...immobilize..the ****? kid stfu and gtfo seriously. not even a logical argument lol

or if u are a troll then good job.

BROLAF THE HULK

10-17-2010

Quote:
Mercurius:
IP cost does not determine the strength of the champion. He's just unbalanced.

To a point it does. Alot of the top tier champs are 6300.

Minishcap1

10-17-2010

Quote:
Nya nya Niipah:
Nerf the ****ing CD on his Q. Everything else is fine. He is the most annoying champion to lane against.

You DO realize that that's the skill that MAKES Vlad.

That's like removing Jax's dodge (bad example, Jax is already nerfed into the ground)

Or like nerfing Ezreal's mystic shot (bad example, Ezreal is already nerfed into the ground)

Or Removing twitch's stealth.

Or removing Soraka's heal.

Etc.

sushibandit

10-17-2010

Quote:
Minishcap1:
Vlad is the easiest caster? You've obviously never played Ryze.

If you think his heals are overpowered, get an executioner's calling or run ignite on your team.

200 MR is 75% magic damage reduction. He won't hit anywhere NEAR 500 damage on any of his spells.

I think you're butthurt cause you got stomped by a decent Vlad.

The heal is merely a free bonus for Vlad, the problem is his damage output+hp. One of our group does always carry ignite, for dealing with mundo/warwick/vlad.

I was in a game yesterday wherein our Rammus had 200 MR and Vlad would consistently nuke him with Transfusion for 500 damage, and Tides for up to 800. If memory serves the Vlad had ~650 AP.

Ryze doesn't have anywhere near the HP and AP combo that a Vlad will have, no real escape mechanism, and once he blows his spell load he's either dead or gotten kills.

And Banshees? Seriously?

"HAY DUDE I'MMA FINISH RAPING YOUR WHOLE TEAM AND ALL BUT YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY GET A BANSHEES SO YOU CAN BLOCK ONE OF MY SPELLS THAT HAS A 2.5 SEC COOLDOWN EVERY 30 SEC, BECAUSE THAT WILL REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE BRO"

I repeat, those who are arguing that Vlad is balanced are the same people who play him and don't want the necessary nerf to happen.

Lachdannon

10-17-2010

Quote:
ownagenesss:
Can you explain why?

I think Vlad is a 6300 ip champion. Not too forgiving

You ********************, ip cost has nothing to do with game balance. I'm so sick of hearing it. NO MORE. I will rage at everyone who says that from now on.

Anyway, untargetable, which is better than invulnerability, better than spell immune, on a non ult skill, is super bull****. I wish Kayle's ult was untargetable, that would be so broken. Oh also, his pool is just long enough for Q to come back up, and it breaks the turret, so... he doesn't even need full hp to dive you.

Nerf him? Don't care, w/e. Shouldn't have to defend myself, after a simple statement that he is too forgiving. That much is obvious.

heroyisunshin

10-17-2010

seriously its all these qq threads made by people who have never PLAYED him and cry qq.
what happens?
riot nerfs to oblivion
result:
champs start to grow op because of old champs nerfed.

L2****INGP.
jesus christ...

BlackLordDragonX

10-17-2010

i have only 1 thing to say

Garen wasnt to have a word with vlad

Minishcap1

10-17-2010

Quote:
sushibandit:
The heal is merely a free bonus for Vlad, the problem is his damage output+hp. One of our group does always carry ignite, for dealing with mundo/warwick/vlad.

I was in a game yesterday wherein our Rammus had 200 MR and Vlad would consistently nuke him with Transfusion for 500 damage, and Tides for up to 800. If memory serves the Vlad had ~650 AP.

Ryze doesn't have anywhere near the HP and AP combo that a Vlad will have, no real escape mechanism, and once he blows his spell load he's either dead or gotten kills.

And Banshees? Seriously?

"HAY DUDE I'MMA FINISH RAPING YOUR WHOLE TEAM AND ALL BUT YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY GET A BANSHEES SO YOU CAN BLOCK ONE OF MY SPELLS THAT HAS A 2.5 SEC COOLDOWN EVERY 30 SEC, BECAUSE THAT WILL REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE BRO"

I repeat, those who are arguing that Vlad is balanced are the same people who play him and don't want the necessary nerf to happen.

Then why the **** did you feed him and get him up to 650 AP?

Your logic is flawed.

Morgued

10-17-2010

I don't usually like to belittle anyone on their posts, but in retort to your post Sushi:

The only players qqing about him are the ones that can't seem to manage adapting to a situation and instead of being patient and looking for openings in someone's gameplay to either harass them or gank them instead say the character they play is OP and needs to be nerfed cause you can't seem to kill them.

You're still basing your post like all the other ppl that think he's over powered; you're giving certain situations that YOU have personally been in and apparently have been destroyed by a player with good skills as Vladimir. Any character when built right, played right, and itemized right will be a force to be reckoned with.

Tell me, if you were laning against a Vlad why you wouldn't be cautious when fighting him? His E DOES NOT do enough damage to even be considered using against champs (though i'm sure some of you do) it's a farming tool, and a buff for his Transfusion. So that's 1 ability you can cross of your list of worries. If he's harassing you with Transfusion then you're either over extending when you don't need to, or he's being extremely aggressive. Instead of complaining about how he's killing you, take the time actually play Vlad and get to know his abilities so you can effectively combat them.

Do you know how far you have to be for his Transfusion and Hemo not to reach you? Yes? Then don't stay in that range! Are you a quarter health thinking you can stay in the lane when Vlad is level 6? Don't, because he will tower dive you, and probably ult and ignite you for a kill.

Having trouble late game against Vlad? Again 2/4 (or 3/4 if his ult isn't up) abilities that he has WON'T be used against you if you're in a 1v1 situation. He will more than likely use his pool to escape, slow you down, or to kite you around whenever it's up (atleast a 10 second cooldown), if he's used his pool use that time to pur everything you have into him, if he hasn't used his pool yet don't bother, because he WILL use it to effectively reduce whatever damage you might have thought you can do to him (again i'd give scenarios such as swain, morgana, amumu, etc but that'll take too long).

If you use your brain, he's just as defeatable as the rest of the champs in this game. Yes he's hard to kill, yes his ultimate is GREAT for team fights, but if he tags less than 3 ppl with it, he / she probably didn't use it right or at the right time.

I still fail to see how he's OP.