Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think Vlad is too forgiving?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camphlobactor

10-17-2010

He's got the best passive that any mage can want
Transfusion keeps you in lane for an extremely long time
Obviously W just happens to heal, slow, damage, escape and dive.
E is a decent aoe

And worst of all, his ultimate is about as gamebreaking as it gets. The way it is designed allows you to use it as an initiation or finisher, and any time during a team fight. Compared to other mage ultimates, it's pretty much impossible to cast it at the wrong time in a team fight.

Terd Ferguson

10-17-2010

I agree with you, in comparison to the other casters he brings way too much to a fight, too easily. He really doesn't have any kind of a great weakness to exploit. He doesn't use mana, and he gains health back so easily with his q that it's near impossible to harass him out of a lane. He can tower dive and kill someone from nearly 3/4 hp (a squishie) extremely easily and without any fear of death might I add. He can escape from almost any fight and on top of that he WILL be the toughest mage you will come across. I guess my concern is why learn to play another caster who takes some practice like Anivia/Karthus/Veigar, if a Vlad who has been playing for a week can walk all over a team just as easily without nearly the amount of danger involved.

Xemeron

10-17-2010

You wanna have the Reason why Vladimir is broken OP?

Here it is:
Vladimirs Q spell: NO COSTS AT ALL, 3s CD, 250 DMG, 0,6 AP Ratio, Heal himselve for 25% of this.

Annies Q spell: 120 Mana, 4s CD, 260 DMG, 0,6 AP Ratio.

Any more Questions? Same Dammage, Same AP Ratios, lower CD, HEaling, NO COSTS!

Ok, its just one spell, right? WRONG!

Ultimate:

Vladimir: 15% of current HP, 400 DMG, 0,75 AP Ratio, +18% Dammage from all scources for 5 seconds
Annie: 250 Mana, 450 DMG, 0,7 AP Ratio, summon Tibbers (aka extra gold for the enemy team)

Same Cooldown, ok, Vlads costs look high at first, but lets see... thanks to his passive Vlad has normaly 4000 HP. Say he cast with FULL HP, this spell cost 600 HP. Well, lets get back to his Q spell... remember? 125 + 0,2 AP healing.... every 3 seconds... meaning... he need 10 seconds, to make this spellcost nonexistance....

Next, lets look at the defense spell of both... Annie has a Shield... 30s CD, 50 Mana cost, +50 MR and Armor.... dammage enemys who attack her normal.
Vladimir... goes down in a pool, 14 seconds CD. immun to all dammage, non targetable, slowing everyone who set a feet on this bloody mess, dealing 300 DMG, and heal Vladimir again....

Passive... after 5 casts, annie can stun an enemy for 1,75s, more with Aoe spells. Meaning that she cant cast any more after 5 spells, or wasting her stun.
Vladimir get life fpr AP and AP for Life. sounds pretty much better.

So lets count...
4 points for Vladimir, 0 for Annie.

Annie was the strongest caster out there, and Vladimir just leave her behind.

Thats not for the post over me, its for all the people, who wanna downvote here and say: Vlad is fine, L2P or **** like that.

FeanorAlmighty

10-17-2010

Madred's Bloodrazor on any ranged champion

I just totally wooped Vladimirs vampiric ass

Xemeron

10-17-2010

Quote:
FeanorAlmighty:
Madred's Bloodrazor on any ranged champion

I just totally wooped Vladimirs vampiric ass

Why did i know, this is coming? Listen, that not an argument, cause Madres does the same thing to everyone, its no Vlad counter. More then that, its an item, Vladimir FORCE you to buy. You need it, to stand a chance vs Vladimir.
So, you wanna say, thats an argument against "Vlad is broken"? That you have to buy an expensive Item or just dont stand a chance?

Morgued

10-17-2010

I see where you're all coming from but to be completely honeest 'Vlad IS fine'.

Vlad can be a bit hard to harass early game, and mid-late game he is a tough 'caster' to kill, but he's not invincible.

Now to make a few points, Xem, you are comparing him to Annie, that's only one character. You take other characters like maybe Trist or MF that can reduce his healing in a battle (let's say while laning) and he becomes less effective. Also though he is a great character early game, he falls a bit short in team fights. Reason being, most of his abilities dont' bring much to the table in team fights. Let's see the best of what he can do.

Both teams get into a fight, usually a vlad will do one of two things:

1.Save his ult for the end (for those greedy ksing Vlads)
2. Pop it right away for maximum damage from his team mates

Let's assume he uses it at the beginning, after that he has nothing much to offer, sure he can pop in a transfusion a few times, but his W and E cost health, and if they're focusing Vlad, I can almost assure he won't be using his E to deal damage at the cost of life, his W is nice for getting away but that's a big chunk of health to use, especially if you're getting targeted first. Furthermore his E as a damaging ability is almost unnoticable when used on champs. It's mostly a farming tool, and a buff to keep up for smart Vlad players.

Those are just my 2 cents. I could go on, but there's really no need to repeat myself with ALL of the comparisons I could do lol.

Xemeron

10-17-2010

I am taking a caster to compare him, cause he is a caster and Annie is called the best caster ingame. So i picked the best one to compare him with Vlad.

To your points:
Good Vlads dont wait to the end, they throw their Ultimate right at the beginning, cause of the 18% bonus dammage debuff. Thats an insane buff for Vlads team.
and he will throw his other spells. it only cost some healt, Vlad dont care about that 90 Health, when he heal himselve for 125+0,2AP every 3 secs. and his pool used in a teamfight pays hisselve, while dealing dammage. When hes focused, he just go back, hes a caster at all, not a Tank, the others will force you to let him go. As soon as that happen, he comes back, drain life etc. etc.

hitachihex

10-17-2010

Quote:
Xemeron:
I am taking a caster to compare him, cause he is a caster and Annie is called the best caster ingame. So i picked the best one to compare him with Vlad.

To your points:
Good Vlads dont wait to the end, they throw their Ultimate right at the beginning, cause of the 18% bonus dammage debuff. Thats an insane buff for Vlads team.
and he will throw his other spells. it only cost some healt, Vlad dont care about that 90 Health, when he heal himselve for 125+0,2AP every 3 secs. and his pool used in a teamfight pays hisselve, while dealing dammage. When hes focused, he just go back, hes a caster at all, not a Tank, the others will force you to let him go. As soon as that happen, he comes back, drain life etc. etc.

'When he's focused, he just go back'

Right. That's when you stunlock the little ******* who just used his pool and steamroll him into oblivion.

If your team can't focus him down hard enough after that, then i'd say you have no right to complain on this forum about X and X champion.

Morgued

10-17-2010

Quote:
Xemeron:

To your points:

But that's the thing, you can't just compare him to ONE paticular champion. There are always champions out there that have SOMETHING over others. As I said before, a Vlad fighting a Trist or a MF is at a disadvantage due to their abilities to reduce his ONLY strength: draining health. Vlad has his strengths and his weaknesses just like any other character.

No a Vlad doesn't care about JUST 90 health, but 3/4 of his abilities take health, and his ONLY real damaging ability is his Transfusion. I say the only real one because his ult isn't ALWAYS up, his pool isn't used until he has to escape, or if the battle is going well to slow ppl down, and again his E is almost useless in terms of team fights. Aside from draining life there is no 'etc etc' to him,

If anything they need to buff his E, and possibly make the CD on his ult longer. He's not over powered, he's like a warm bowl of porage my friend, he's juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust right ^_^.

heroyisunshin

10-17-2010

drains life isnt all that great you make it sound like...it doesnt heal vlad RIDICOLOUS AMOUNT OMG...barely enough to make up maybe one stack tide of blood...

pool deals good mount of health damage to self, yet not enough to refund it back...idk where you are getting the info, but unless there are tons of minions and high health champs, it doesn't pay itself back. Also. a good vlad doesnt waste pool for something stupid like said above...its his only escape. once he burns pool he vulnerable...by alot.

tides of blood is actually very cool and can be very very costly (stacks after 2). high damage output equals heavy penalty. having to spam tides of blood 5x(first 4 to charge, 5th to use in team fight) is very costly (assuming you timed it right to use tide of blood).

ulti is pretty awesome. takes good timing to know when to throw it. and no good vlad don't just plop it out in the beginning of the fight...(we try to aim for that window but you have to assess situation).

he is hard to harass but it is doable. just dont send a slow melee champ at him (you shouldnt be doing melee vs range in early lane anyway). he is very slow and squishy in sense of little armour.

other champs are more annoying then him