[Champion Concept] Fing Shu, the Drunken Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

edit: so yeah I completely failed at this one. NO! DON'T LOOK AT MY FAILURE! NOOOO! It's embarrassing!

The5lacker

12-31-2012

I think having each ability give him the ability to dodge the next basic attack, but not having it stack and giving it a duration of, say, 1 second before the charge is wasted could've been intriguing, and as is, I can't really understand his passive. Does it passively give him magic resist and give him 50% damage reduction from a single attack per ability use? Does it give magic resist on ability use? Does the magic resist disappear when hit?

Instead of giving him a slighty wonky CC effect, just having a short stun and giving the autoattack % armor penetration would've worked a bit better.

Sake Cask has a very long range, doesn't really fit a fighter I don't think. Not sure what would help, though.

Wild strikes is cool, but 80% damage around his hits is excessive. Keep it in line with Malaphite's. AD Malaphite is insane enough as is, and he doesn't even have anything to scale on AD.

10% AD scaling isn't much to write home about, and 10% AP scaling on a character with two abilities that scale on AP isn't exactly thrilling either. Aside from that, it's basically just your average "Steroid Mode" ability, like from Master Yi and the like. While that's not bad, per se, I think there's a lot of wasted potential here.

StupiDog

12-31-2012

From an aesthetic viewpoint, it's as if Gragas and Lee Sin had a ******* child together, but I do like the idea of the drunken master style of combat. That being said, I feel like it could be almost a foil to Lee Sin, whereas Lee Sin was the disciplined star pupil and Fing Shu was the monk in the garden completely smashed. I also feel that there can be more than one drunk character or "fighting monk," but keep in mind that I believe Riot's goal with each champion is to remain individually standalone and only to include it if it really adds something to the game.

One question though: is your champion mana-based or energy based? (Or "alcohol" based, which would be kind of cool)?

Passive: Drunken Stagger
Both from the mechanic and from your comment I get the feeling as if you're really trying to get a dodge mechanic in without it being dodge (which is pretty much what you said). An alternative I might suggest is having something like:

Each time Fing Shu uses an ability, he gains a stack of Drunken Stagger. Each stack of Drunken Stagger grants 10% chance to dodge a single target attack or spell. Lasts 3 seconds.
Nerve Strike
Two kinds of disables...hmm. Irelia's E works because one is pretty much a superior form of the other (Stun in all circumstances beats a Slow, I would think), and it's a sort of "risk reward" scenario. This move, however, serves two very different purposes I would think with positioning. This on top of the fact that it's a very short cooldown, which means that it's very easy to keep someone screwed consistently (with level 5 Q, you're capable of keeping a caster silenced for 1/3rd of a fight if you stay on top of them). One thing I think you could do if you increased the cooldown would be to give him a cool Exhaust like feature, with some damage to couple it. That is to say, Does X damage and reduces their damage dealt by 30% for 1.5 seconds.

Sake Cask
I'm not a particular fan of this ability. From the description it feels a lot like Varus' arrow but with a Gragas barrel, even though it's a dash. I wish I could be more helpful in giving feedback to particularly what can be done to improve it. I would simply steer clear of anything cask related.

Wild Strikes
Like The5lacker said, the percentage is too high. Remember that Malphite's is pretty low, and that Runaan's Hurricane is still only 50% of Attack Damage. As for the active, it seems a bit weird to have three different abilities on one key, but I can see it as being similar to Riven's Q which I like. I think also from an aesthetic and mechanics viewpoint, it'd be better if you could only land all three hits if you were to hit the same champion with each application.

Drunken Haze
Being drunk should be impactful, and I feel that the ultimate should really tie the aesthetic together for the champion. In that sense, give him something pretty substantial, but take away from the hero as well. I played a MOBA game a long while ago in Warcraft 3 which used a drunken monk style champion, and the way they pulled this off was that getting drunk made it so your mouse input always worked with a 90 degree offset (so clicking at 12:00 on the screen to move the character up would make them instead move to the left). You could give him some ridculous bonuses but make it so he only hits every other attack (50% miss rate?) or something along those lines. Just spitballing here but the ult is lacking right now and needs that extra bit.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

aaaaaand first initial failure of the year and in my repertoire.

not sure if the fixes work or if my creative mojo just isn't working right now.

I dunno 38385942

01-01-2013

you must've been drunk when you came up with this idea cuz it sucks.

Dzanio

01-01-2013

Passive: you realize pantheon has the same first part of this passive, and in order to trigger it (w/ no auto attacks) he'd have to cast 4 spells. Granted, yours doesn't proc off auto attacks, but having 4 blocks on no cd is rediculous. Considering this is an overpowered passive, I hope the empowered aspect of the kit isn't very strong, and the infinite chain element of it would be extremely frustrating for enemy champs. StupiDog's suggestion makes pretty good sense for a rebalance, although I'd have it stack until the dodge procs, at which point all the stacks are consumed.

Q: I would remove the stun from the base ability, change the scaling to bonus ad, and put the current normal stun duration under the empowered stun, and remove the % pen. Also, the cd is rather low.

W: Not a fan of the ability as is. If you implement StupiDog's passive suggestion, you could just make it stack the passive to 100% dodge chance (maybe add a steroid if the chance is consumed w/in x seconds of the initial cast), and it'd be a good ability.

E: Given the high damage and utility of this ability I would remove the slow.

R: lol, well it's certainly in character.

Zarkof

01-02-2013

ah well I never liked this idea to begin with.