Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Graphic Option for Colorblind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pen is Hungry

10-17-2010

Personally I have been losing some color vision- I noticed the team scores in the top right are hardly visible to me. They aren't bold and have extremely small font compared to the comparability of most people using wide-screen monitors etc... It would nice for those who are truly colorblind to have a graphics option?

Perhaps this is asking too much, but I think its a neat idea considering this game mainly attracts males. Considerably males have a larger percentage of colorblindness compared to women. I'm sure a little extra research won't hurt if you consider this post.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bane Wraith

05-25-2011

I'm going to bump This up, and post some suggestions I've found Elsewhere as well, so it makes one nice, neat thread about the subject =P

From Different creep colors (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=238400) ( by Khaydarin ) :

Quote:
Khaydarin:
Ok I'm red/green colorblind. Not too much i still see the difference between the red life bars and green life bars, but because you mix blue and red to make purple, i see blue and purple as pretty similar colors. Sometimes when I space out and don't pay attention to the life bars i try to attack my own minions or not flee when all my minions are dying. Any chance of getting more distinct colors for opposite teams?

From Tribunal & Recomendations of additional features (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=775071) ( a comment by NadalKenlyl ) :
Quote:
NadalKenlyl:
A different color scheme for Allies/Enemies would be very helpful, I'm colorblind and I have a hard time knowing who was on which team without straining my eyes.

From Out of game / in game status and colorblindness. (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1447) ( by Cadenz ) :
Quote:
Cadenz:
In regards to the green / yellow lights next to people to indicate in-game status, I suggest making these colors a bit farther on the color spectrum to facilitate those who are colorblind (like myself). Maybe use like a blue/red combo or using symbols like a green circle or yellow square to signify in-game status. This is a very minor quibble and I look forward to more games!

I'm quite certain there are Other similar threads and posts out there, regarding the issue... Only did a quick search, myself.

So, what do you say, folks? Make a plan, hope it gets reviewed by Riot. It's only a common courtesy to the colorfully impaired! =P