Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pantheon is a carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GanknPush

10-17-2010

Pantheon is as much a carry as Twitch is a tank.

I'll give him this... he's awesome early game. I've seen Pantheons line people up and kick them into deep pits early game. But late game... how is this guy anymore than a friggin speed bump? Pretty much ALL of the Pantheons I've played get crappier and crappier for every minute that passes. He scales slower than an obese person trying to climb a mountain with two toothpicks, and always seems to jump into the pit that he kicked enemies into early game... seriously.

I'm so annoyed with late game Pantheons. If anything, Pantheon is the opposite of a carry. Good only in the beginning and suckier than cheap five dollar hookers near the end.

Eppa

10-17-2010

True dat

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

10-17-2010

Who said otherwise?

Faelaren

10-17-2010

well i dont know this for sure but champions minion might have him pinned as a carry but im not sure and generally this is true unless he can get fed of minions mid game meaning he avoids leaving the lane at all costs or get 3-5 kills early game blah blah blah his the opposite of master yi really

Qu3en

10-17-2010

True .Do u heard something from RIOT about reworking him ?

Fluffy1

10-17-2010

panth is not a carry, hes closer to burst mage or an assassin, his skillset just doesnt support constant damage and his auto attacks arent upto the job.

Xianio

10-17-2010

He's an anti-carry. Strong start, weak finish. Pantheon carries you through the early game then you carry him through the late game.

Henkdevries

10-17-2010

You'll find the champion tags are rather....random. Don't bother with them.

Brassherald

10-17-2010

I find Pantheon to be a fun champion, probably my favorite, unfortunately, I also find him to be UP right now. His early game is good, but no longer good enough to make up for his horrid late game. He has a high damage nuke, but any carry or mage that is worth its weight can match the damage of his spear easily, He has an AOE that hits decently, but you need to be right next to the enemy to do it, a short stun that will basically make you take one hit then die, and low survivability. Add this into a hard to hit ult, and he just gets unimpressive later in the game, being best in early and some mid games. So, Riot needs to do something.

My 3 suggestions:
1. Rebuff early game, lets him get a few more kills earlier, allowing him to get his items earlier and be better in late game.
2. Buff the ratios for late game, This will let Panth hang in with others as time goes on
3. Give him more survivability, this will make it so that jumping in, taking one free hit and dying is not the assumed way of getting in teamfights, since now, he has to pretty much play cleanup as the other team runs.

So, if Riot does one of these, (I would suggest 2 or 3, not really 1) they will have a champion who is one of the most fun to play, and is viable at the end of the game.

SoloDragoon

10-17-2010

Pantheon is amazing early game.

Pantheon is decent mid game.

Pantheon is a "I target only caries" late game. His stun, and burst damage can nearly kill most carries if not kill them if he is farmed / fed enough. But beyond that, nothing.